Rookie General is Confused

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by KE5TCG, Mar 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: FBNews-1
ad: Left-2
  1. KE5TCG

KE5TCG QRZ Member

LOL. Langam bitte means, "(speak) more slowly please."

"Bitte" means both "please" and "thank you." Efficient, those Germans! Why waste a lot of time, right? :rolleyes:

2. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

::Nie hat in Deutschland gelebt aber hat vielmals besucht. Ich habe Familie in Augsburg, ungefähr 20 km außerhalb München. Haben Sie eine gute Nacht!

BTW, I've had lunch 6-7 times at the Hofbrau Haus in Munchen where Hitler was almost assassinated (they missed, bad timing)...lifted way too many steins there, "Prosit!" It's where my XYL got a taste for "Ratler." Drei und siebsich.

3. KE5TCG

KE5TCG QRZ Member

OK... a repeater question thread has spun into a foreign language. I think this forum is going to be OK.:D

4. KA8DKT

KA8DKT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Well, yes, Glen, but he did say he was able to key the repeater and get the beep. This cannot be done without the proper CTCSS tones. Thus asking if he had the right tones set is irrelevent. I could understand a little impatience in his reply.
    -gary

5. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

::Which is why it's possible to get into a never ending loop of "Bitte?" "Danke." "Bitte?" "Danke." "Bitte?":rolleyes:

6. KE5TCG

KE5TCG QRZ Member

That loop could come in pretty handy, mit Steins von Bier, zum Beispiel.

7. WA9CWX

WA9CWX Ham Member QRZ Page

Only on the ZED......:)

8. WA9CWX

WA9CWX Ham Member QRZ Page

Welcome to Amateur Radio, and THAT is a great choice...;)

Frank

9. VK2AKG

VK2AKG Ham Member QRZ Page

PLL Vs PL

TCG,

_IF_, as I suspect, you were making fun of AD5MBs typo (PLL rather than PL) and it is your practice to belittle people trying to help you then it may explain why you are having difficulty obtaining replies to your calls.

Frank

10. N8UZE

N8UZE Ham Member QRZ Page

You can do unlauts one of two ways:
    1. Bring up the "Character map" on the Start Menu. It is probably under Accessories->System. The copy and paste.
    2. Hold down the Alt key and press the appropriate sequence of number on the numerical keypad. The character map shows the numbers to be pressed.

Ä Ë Ö Ü ß
    ä ë ö ü

The above German characters were as discussed. The top line was don with method 1 and the bottom line with method 2.

Similarly you can get the special characters for other languages if you need them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.