ad: ProAudio-1

Rookie General is Confused

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by KE5TCG, Mar 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. K0CMH

K0CMH Ham Member QRZ Page

This slipped to the second page of subjects. Come on, we can't let this die yet. There is still to much of this horse to beat before it is completely dead.:D

P.S. A great job of running TCG off.:eek:

2. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

::He ran himself off.

Posting anything on an internet forum run by anybody is the same as stating a comment or question in a room full of strangers. Some will ignore you; some will provide valid information; most will provide opinions, and those will conflict both with fact and with each other.

Nothing new there, it's been like that for thousands of years before the internet.

WB2WIK/

3. KA9VQF

KA9VQF Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, its too bad that the internet can be such a rough place sometimes.

Trolls abound and not just here.

Some can handle it, some just fold up and leave. I’ve done that before. I was once told that I didn’t have to leave mad,… just leave. Wasn’t the hardest thing to do. I still sometimes go there and read the crap that has been posted since I left.

Its probably too bad, this guy seemed to have it on the ball, really might have been able to help out others.

Never know now.

He did seem a bit dumbfounded when he asked his ‘totally teck’ question and got the right answer back in such short time.

4. KE5TCG

KE5TCG QRZ Member

If you mean the quieting and noise question, it was intended to determine his technical level. His response was dead on.

Yeah, I swore off the forum. But it would appear I fell off the wagon. :D

This forum is way too entertaining to ignore.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2008
  5. K7JEM

K7JEM Ham Member QRZ Page

It has a far higher entertainment value than technical value, that's for sure.

Joe

6. WB2WIK

::That's pretty much what it's for. Making a comment or asking a question here is similar to doing it on the air, however. Not a day goes by that I don't have stations (on the air) breaking into my 40m QSOs with opinions and advice, some of which is way out there. I change the topic to, "So how about those Lakers?"

7. AB8MA

AB8MA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

8. WB2WIK

::Who? The team that's #3 in the NBA now, just below the #2 Pistons.;)

I'm a Pistons fan, too when it comes to the Eastern Conference Playoffs. I'd like to see Pistons-Lakers in the finals.

WB2WIK/6

9. KE5TCG

KE5TCG QRZ Member

Are those hockey teams?

:D

10. WB2WIK

::Not sure about Detroit, but here at Staples Center the L.A. Kings also play there so the basketball floor magically becomes ice.

Thus, I'd say the Lakers could be a very tall hockey team if they knew how to skate and make believe the ball got really small and slides on the floor. And air passes are frowned upon.

WB2WIK/6

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.