ROIP (radio over ip)

Discussion in 'Echolink/IRLP Tech Board' started by WB7OXP, Jan 6, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. WB7OXP

WB7OXP Ham Member Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

has anyone built a simple radio over ip interface?

a device that looks like a simple web server that allows a simplex (push to talk) like interface over the internet.

i am specifically looking for simple, NOT part of one of the interconnects (echolink, irlp, allstar, etc)

2. K0RGR

K0RGR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

What are you trying to accomplish? You want to remotely control a radio over the internet using a web browser? Remotehams.com will let you do that, using their software, and you can control who gets access to the radio, and as far as I've seen so far, it's free, though some sites charge a membership fee to use their station.

3. WB7OXP

thanx for the response.

what i really want to do is "remote" presence a single channel uhf or vhf radio. keyup, talk and listen from a web browser. no channels, just talk and listen. i suspect there must be some "appliance" that will present a simple interface to a radio and provide a very simple web browser.

or i guess i am aurduinoing

4. KB3VWG

KB3VWG Ham Member QRZ Page

Yea...if you don't want already-invented solutions, it sounds like it.

You may wish to ensure that it has authentication as well...you wouldn't want a hacker keying up your radio - to become the cause of loosing your license.

5. KB3VWG

KB3VWG Ham Member QRZ Page

I just thought...If you use a Windows PC, you can simply setup a rig controller, and send a monitor of your PC's microphone to the mic of the rig, and the Rx audio to the audio input of your computer. From there, you could configure a simple program to key the rig.

If you had at least 2 sound cards, you could easily use Remote Desktop Protocol with audio.

6. K7JEM

K7JEM Ham Member QRZ Page

There are devices out there that do this, sort of. You can buy two boxes and hook them up at each end, but I'm not sure how a computer would talk to them from one end, but it should be possible. Someone may make software that will do this.

Here is a link to a typical low cost box:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cross-Netw...080316&hash=item3f29ee4e52:g:MCkAAOSwZlZZ7V0r

WB7OXP likes this.
  7. WB7OXP

jem

SOOOOOOO close. if that box had a simple webserver. then DING DING DING

i am thinking of an (forgive me for saying this) IOT (internet of things) device that would connect to the rx/tx of a simple radio

thanx