Robert Dubenezic K2DNR SCAM!

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by KF0CU, Jan 27, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. N5DMC

N5DMC Ham Member QRZ Page

He's back at again, tried to sell me a Heathkit 2060a tuner. Said that he would send me a tracking number, after 3 days I emailed him and the email address came back no good anymore. So I cancelled the PayPay transaction.

Should of known....

Doug
    N5DMC

2. N5DMC

N5DMC Ham Member QRZ Page

I may be confused if it is someone that has hacked into K2DNR's email..or...K2DNR himself. Either way, say la vie

3. KJ6YXI

KJ6YXI Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Its hard to determine if K2DNR the ham radio operaztor is the actual scammer. He "K2DNR" claims that someone is posed as him and used his call sign with an email that contained his call sign letters "K2DNR" in the email account.

Basically the scammers are using real Amateur Radio operators call signs and creating email accounts with real call signs letters within the email. They troll the QRZ and QTH websites and pose as a real Ham. Their email looks like a real ham because it contains the letters of a ham, but they are fake. They snare you in with a fake add and you get scammed.

A possible consideration and or suggestion, when interacting with a seller or purchaser:
    Have a direct phone conversation.
    Have them send a picture of the items with their an actual QSL card (not piece of paper or index card).
    If you use PayPal always check "pay for goods and services" for extra protection and if possible have the money come out of your credit card account. This helps with obtaining a refund on your transaction from PayPal and or the credit card if things go wrong.

The problem with scammers, is they are like rodents and roaches, they adapt we just have to be more careful in our transactions.

N5DMC likes this.
  4. KN7S

KN7S Swapmeet Moderator Emeritus Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Miguel,
    Good advice but, a call sign handwritten and placed in the photo is better and even better yet if it has a handwritten date included. Many Hams have a shot of their QSL cards here and elsewhere. Scammers have and still do copy and paste these QSL card images into photos. At The ZED handwritten call signs are preferred.

5. KM4GGH

KM4GGH Ham Member QRZ Page

Yep, I got the same scam...sent money via paypal thinking I was buying an Icom IC-7000...instead, I got nothing....paypal cant help ...

6. KJ6YXI

KJ6YXI Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

UPDATE! February 17, 2018

Because I used PayPal secure purchase I was able to get my money back after waiting for PayPal to go through the process of my disputed claim.

7. K0EED

K0EED XML Subscriber QRZ Page

What I don't get is what good does it do these douchenozzle scammers if paypal is able to get the money back out of their account? Or is paypal eating these losses? The latter wouldn't make a lot of sense for paypal as surely this happens elsewhere and not just within the ham radio community? What am I missing here? Obviously something must be working for the scammers to be making money or they wouldn't be doing this? I get the friends and family part if folks are foolish enough as that money is gone but if you pay using goods and services and paypal gets you your money back is it coming out of the scammers account or is paypal eating the losses?

KA2FIR likes this.