Robert Dubenezic K2DNR SCAM!

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by KF0CU, Jan 27, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
  1. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

And his station address is a PO Box. That seals it. Even in the FCC ULS database a PO box is listed. Why isn't the station address not listed in the FCC ULS database?

2. KF0CU

KF0CU Ham Member QRZ Page

I just found out from a very reliable source that the K2DNR call sign was used to post a fake ad on QTH
    and all I can say is what was stated here is not correct.

3. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

Ask K3VR & N1FM (and others);)

Seriously, that rule was changed years ago

4. AJ6AH

AJ6AH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I can't say for anyone else, but my station address is listed as a PO box because USPS will *not* deliver to our home address.
    It's not because I'm trying to pull something funny, it's because I have no choice if I want to receive mail.
    The FCC paperwork clearly stated that they needed a valid mailing address... so PO box it is.

N4UP and AJ4GQ like this.
  5. KJ6YXI

KJ6YXI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hello Folks,

I got scammed by this guy posing as K2DNR.

Please note that K2DNR adamantly denies he is scamming people. He states he is not the scammer, but that the scammer is falsely using his call sign and created a fake email account “K2DNR@outlook.com or bobk2dnr@gmail.com“ to appear legitimate.

In my case: I responded to an add on both QTH and a QRZ. I was trying to purchase a radio from legitimate adds, but I was beat out by other purchasers. I had posted on the add (the string) that I was interested, and the sellers replied via the posting add (the string), informing me the radio had been sold.

I later received a direct email from a person claiming he was “Robert A. Dubenezic K2DNR”. He told me he had saw that I was trying to make a purchase and that he was about to post and add to sell that exact item/radio. He asked if I was interested in purchasing it from him. He sent me pictures and the trap was sprung on me.

After reading the other postings here I contacted PayPal and I am currently in the process with PayPal disputing this transaction.

Buyer beware, I got scammed, I feel violated I should have known better.

This all took place on Feb 2, 2018.
    As previously mentioned there was no add, he contacted me direct via email after seeing my post reflecting my interest in another item being sold.

Miguel
    KJ6YXI

Beware!

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  6. KA2FIR

What was the ad for, when did this happen and did you report the email addresses for abuse?

7. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Street addresses have not been required by FCC for many decades. Just because someone uses a PO box as their ULS address does not mean they are a scammer just because of that. I've not used a street address for over 20 years for my license and I'm most definitely NOT a scammer!

Dave
    W7UUU

N4UP and WB7OXP like this.
  8. KJ6YXI

I did report the email for abuse to PayPal, but that’s all.

9. KA2FIR

You should report the emails to google for gmail and Microsoft for outlook so those email addresses are shutdown.

10. KJ6YXI

Ok I will do...