ad: M2Ant-1

RMS Express/Winlink Packet and PK232MBX

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by K4HYJ, Nov 3, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: HRDLLC-2
  1. PD0RH

PD0RH Ham Member QRZ Page

2. K4HYJ

K4HYJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Ruud...
    I can sell you either. The MBX version was basically a maildrop addition. However, newer ROM versions are only possible if you have an MBX board installed. 1991 or newer (I think) will allow use with RMS Express. I have an MBX daughter board with the latest ROM version I can sell you. It is a 15 minute install once you have the cover off. It requires soldering one wire and replacing your ROM chips with a circuit board that plugs into their slots.

Email me directly and we can work out the details.

Hank
    K4HYJ@arrl.net

3. WH7TW

WH7TW Ham Member QRZ Page

4. WH7TW

WH7TW Ham Member QRZ Page

Maybe this thread has long dried up and blown away, but I'll ask anyway --

I have the same problem with RMS Express - it initializes when I open the session to com1 fine. Then when I start the session it responds "Unable to open COM1".

The thing is I DO have an PK232MBX unit. It works fine in the RMS terminal mode and works fine with aprisce. Just won't connect with a RMS Express session.

Perhaps there is no answer except I have an odd revision box, although my unscientific inclination is to blame RMS Express (running v1.5.32.0 on Win10 if that matters).

Steve D.
    WH7TW

5. K4HYJ

K4HYJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Steve...
    What ROMS are you running? 7.2 is the latest and works the best. I have had some crazy inconsistencies with older versions as RMS Express has been upgraded.

Hank
    K4HYJ