RM Italy BLA600 problem

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Amplifiers' started by AB3LD, Jun 20, 2020.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. AB3LD

AB3LD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Last time I used this amplifier it worked fine. Today it won't power up at all. No sound, no lights, nothing. It's set up for 115VAC power. The fuse is fine. The power cord reads 123V. Any ideas? Thanks.

2. W1TRY

W1TRY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm sure you checked the fuse for continuity, but you might try flipping it around or trying another fuse.
    Measure the ac at amplifier end of the power cord if you didn't already (sounds like you did.)
    I'm not familiar with the amp and didn't find any schematics or technical literature on line.
    Open it up and follow the AC path with your meter if you have the resources, skill and comfort level.
    Good luck, you'll figure it out.

3. AB3LD

Thanks! Yes, I did check the AC at the amp end of the cord, and I did replace he fuse, even though the old one tested fine. I'm guessing something blew up in the power supply. Looks like I'll have to either dive in, or call in a pro. Maybe I'll flip a coin. 73

4. AB3LD

Leaning toward asking a pro to look at it. DXE referred me to theirs, but he has a months-long backlog. Anybody know a good amp tech who might want to work on it for me?

5. AB3LD

WA4SIX likes this.
  6. G0JTB

G0JTB Ham Member QRZ Page

Identical problem with mine. 4h to fix.

7. AB3LD

You are faster than I am! Glad it worked out.