Ripped Off

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by AA3SO, Aug 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. AA3SO

AA3SO Ham Member QRZ Page

Someone possing as another ham W4DJ posted this to me in an email because i was looking at a dual bander. email they used raymondfaircloth875@gmail.com and paypal info Enzo ruiz

I have for sale a Kenwood TM 732a in a perfect working condition. Comes with manual, shipping box, mic and power cable. Asking $120 shipped. Let me know if you are interested

Sent money and they never even sent the radio. never again will i even try to buy used here or any were on the net i will buy brand new for now on thanks to scammers i wont be back.

2. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

Details? Who What Where When How

3. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

Do your due diligence and you won’t get scammed. Does Enzo Ruiz = Raymond Faircloth? Did you use Friends & Family?

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
  4. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Was this someone else who contacted you besides the Verified member who posted the item for sale here?

5. KF5FEI

KF5FEI Ham Member QRZ Page

6. NZ4X

NZ4X XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Robert did you send via PayPal "goods/services" or "friends and family"? It is important as with goods and services you will be covered with fraud protection. If you used friends and family you have no coverage.

KA2FIR likes this.
  7. AA3SO

How do i tell??

8. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

pp.jpg

AJ4GQ and KA2FIR like this.
  9. AA3SO

Well off the phone with Paypal and i will be getting a refund ! then ill save a lil more doe and buy brand new dual bander for the pickup! its a shame that happens i am honest with all my sales and deals ohwell we live n learn

N0TZU likes this.
  10. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The scammers are out there so you have to be really careful and not make any mistakes on your side. Had you paid with 'Friends' you might have lost out.

N0TZU and AJ4GQ like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.