Ripped of by KC8EMH

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by KC8ONR, Dec 28, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KC8ONR

KC8ONR Ham Member QRZ Page

Scott advertised a icom 2100 for sale on Facebook market place. I asked if it was still available and would he ship the radio. He said he would and I sent him 70.00 even though he only wanted 60.00 to help cover shipping and PayPal fees. After a day I asked for tracking info , was told he had to look at the receipt when he got home , no biggie I said ok. Jump ahead two days he leaves the messenger group and Mark's the radio as sold. So I ask again for tracking number ...... nothing, no response. Fast forward to a week and a day , still no tracking number and still no communication from him , so I start a PayPal claim. He finally says radio shipped and that I need to calm down. Still no tracking number! So here we are almost two weeks and still no tracking info or a package. PayPal claim escalated. Guess well see how this goes.

He operates a business called Scott's computer repair in Albion Michigan, dont be a victim to this guy!!!!!

Dan

2. W8AAZ

W8AAZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Would be surprised if a guy operating an actual storefront would be into sleazy internet radio scams but I suppose they could. I thought they were foreigners that wanted money transferred. This guy has no idea if you will arrive at his business with a baseball bat or what, so dumb to scam people who can get at you.

3. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Ham Member QRZ Page

Busiest shipping time of the yea, Packages do get delayed...
    Maybe theres still hope??!!
    Ymmv

4. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I shipped a radio on 9 Dec and it went AWOL until 30 Dec when it again appeared in the USPS tracking system. I had already initiated a Missing Mail Search. It still hasn't reached the buyer and he's obviously been annoyed. Before it re-appeared I had asked him to wait until Jan 2 before filing a claim to give the Search thing a week of working days but now that its in the system and moving again I would reject any claim just yet.
    Now if the guy in the original post didn't get a Tracking Number then bad on him. He would be left totally defenseless in a similar situation.
    I've had TWO such situations over this Christmas season out of about a dozen packages sent!

5. WB5WPA

WB5WPA Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm thinking maybe someone hijacked his call - he's got active posts on Twitter, Instagram and all ...

https://twitter.com/scottrheath?lang=en

6. KC8ONR

he has never sent a conformation number , he does not answer messages any longer , I have tried to contact him via twitter , instagram , youtube and email and the only thing I get is , "It's shipped " it is no jan 6 2019 and I have yet to receive the radio nor a conformation number. this guy is a thief plain and simple.

7. W8AAZ

W8AAZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Have you investigated his business online? Complaints or BBB? As an aside I recently ordered some stuff from California on ebay and the seller took awhile to drop off the items to ship. But then it stalled in california for over a week without moving after it went to the next step in that state. Took a long time. Ordered some stuff from Tex. at the same time and it took a bit to get to somewhere in the midwest and tracking stopped there for quite a long time, too. You may have a real ripoff.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2019
  8. N9PAR

N9PAR Ham Member QRZ Page

I bought a dual band radio from him before Christmas. Same story as the original post. Paid him $60 through Facebook. Still no radio and he refuses to respond to any messages sent. What a POS

9. KC8ONR

My refund from PayPal has gone through. , look guys I have dealt with people on here , ebay , qth , Facebook groups and batlabs there is no excuse not to give someone a conformation number every delivery service has them. If you can't take a minute out of your day to supply a number then you are not trying your hardest to be a good person. I know delivery services are not perfect , but when someone ignores you , does not give simple info more than likely they are trying to RIP you off. Thankfully PayPal sided in my favor and I am being reimbursed.

Really sucks you cant even trist a fellow ham.

10. WD8T

WD8T Subscriber QRZ Page