Rip off seller.

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by KG5SFT, Feb 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: l-BCInc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: l-assoc
  1. KG5SFT

KG5SFT Ham Member QRZ Page

I mistakenly bought a Yaesu ft-60R from a seller on eBay brand new radio in the Box. I noticed after I bought it that it wasn't the radio I wanted I wanted the Yaesu ft-70DR. When I contacted the seller and told him that I had made a mistake that all I want to do is return it I wasn't going to be opened or anything just return it. They didn't even have the decency to reply to my email. They charge a 15% restocking fee. Guess they figured they're going to get money from me one way or the other. It was a simple mistake that I made. Attached is pic and the name of the seller. If you happen to make a mistake they're going to charge you for your mistake in my opinion good business would just be to return the product if it would have never been used and just give you a full refund. I guess they got to make money whichever way they can.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  2. KB4QAA

KB4QAA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't consider that a "ripoff". Restocking fees are common among retailers. Their policy is posted on the website. By entering a transaction with them you are expected to be aware of it. Sorry.

Here is part of the Gigaparts refund policy:
    https://www.gigaparts.com/warranties-policy/

N3AB likes this.
  3. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Restocking fees for returning merchandise have been very common for decades. Had you gone to www.Gigaparts.com and actually read their terms you'd have it right there in writing.

Gigaparts is one of the best vendors in the business. It's their policy, clearly stated (see below). You call them a "rip off seller" because you were not able to abide their clearly-stated terms of doing business? Wow

Dave
    W7UUU

upload_2018-2-5_14-51-44.png

N7ANN, KN4OK and N3AB like this.
  4. AI6AK

AI6AK Ham Member QRZ Page

Sorry to hear you feel you got ripped off but I have to agree with the others. I've bought several items from them and have always had excellent service. Their policy is pretty clear about refunds/returns and with all the scammers and such you really can't blame them for charging a fee to restock stuff. I'm actually surprised they don't charge more. Sorry you ordered the wrong item and to you it was a legitimate mistake but I don't think it's fair to say you were ripped off.

5. N3AB

N3AB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Gigaparts? Are you kidding? Not a rip-off. If that radio comes back in any way but PERFECT shape, they'll never be able to sell it as new. I have dealt with them for many years, and I never had any kind of problem with them. The "fine print" is there for a reason.

N7ANN likes this.
  6. N7JS

N7JS Subscriber QRZ Page

Unless you were going to cover it, you also need take into account the seller is out the initial free shipping (which wasn't free to them - and in this case paying someone to pack and ship and ultimately re-stock that radio). If they didn't charge a re-stock fee, I would say they have a losing business model.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
    WD4IGX likes this.
  7. KP4SX

KP4SX Subscriber QRZ Page

I sent a thousand dollars for the radio in his ad.
    I wanted something else different. Now he thinks Im an idiot for not reading the ad.
    So he is a "ripoff seller".
    Not.
    Send the radio back and consider the restocking charge as a learning experience.

K1ZJH and WD4IGX like this.
  8. K2CD

K2CD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Have you tried calling them at the number on the bottom of their web page and explaining to them what you explained to us here? If you tell them you really wanted to order the Yaesu ft-70DR but made a mistake, and you want to add the difference and buy it from them, they might waive the restocking fee (after they examine the FT-60DR and it is indeed unmolested and resalable as new). It wouldn't hurt to at least ask. You might be out the return shipping, but seeing as it was your error in the first place, that wouldn't be too bad.

KG5SFT and KP4SX like this.
  9. WD4IGX

WD4IGX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yeah, they're right. I had great dealings with Gigaparts. One item of an order was backordered and not shown as such on the web site, got a prompt email about it asking what I wanted to do along with expected availability date, very personal friendly dealings.

Bottom line is that it was your mistake. An honest, easy to make one, and we've all done things like that, but we need to own our mistakes. Suck it up and pay the fee, or try to resell the radio if you think you can get more than what you paid minus the 15%.

That's not a bad suggestion at all and they might just do it, but don't consider them obligating in any way to do so.

10. KN7S

KN7S Senior Swapmeet Moderator Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

I believe this thread has run it's course.....

N7ANN, NY8T, AJ4GQ and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.