RigReference.com site update

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by PH5E, Nov 13, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-rfparts
  1. PH5E

PH5E Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi all,

Not sure this is the right thread, but I'd like to share the new RigReference.com site design with all of you.
    The new site is faster, better suited for mobile devices, safer (using SSL) and should be good for the coming decade or more.

Please don't hesitate to let me know what you think!

AB8MA, W4RAV and WA7PRC like this.
  2. N2UHC

N2UHC Ham Member QRZ Page

Just scanning around your site, looks pretty good but rigpix.com beat you to it by many years, also displays receivers, and has larger pictures. I did notice a mistake, though, you have the Icom IC-718 listed as the IC-78.

Other than that it looks like a good informational site on different ham rigs.

3. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Also, the 7200 is not "USB only."

4. PH5E

PH5E Ham Member QRZ Page

The "USB only" referred to the 6m band, but that was kinda not clear.

5. PH5E

PH5E Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for your feedback! I'm aware of rigpix.com, awesome site also. I just felt there was room for another site. With the addition of user reviews and price info, I hope I bring some extra value. Your remark about picture size has been noted, something I shall look into; although most images can be enlarged on rigreference.com.

6. K1OIK

K1OIK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

On your site it says about what the user thinks about your site, "We'd love to hear! " who is we?

7. PH5E

PH5E Ham Member QRZ Page

I sometimes talk to myself in plural, so we = me

8. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

Burt tends to seek out minutia about which to whine. Many years ago when I complained about something insignificant, a coworker said to me (with a sly smile), "I b'lieve you'd complain if you were lynched with a NEW rope." Another former coworker once paraphrased, "Ours is not to ask which, ours is to whine and bîtch."

I know you've already put in a lot of work, and your site looks fine to me. :)
    vy 73,
    Bryan WA7PRC

9. PH5E

PH5E Ham Member QRZ Page

I pride myself on having a keen eye for details. So I'm perfectly happy to see people with similar skills ;)

Your kind remarks are greatly appreciated!

10. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It was not clear at all. However...great and valuable site.