RigExpert Antenna Analyzer AA-600 - Installation of RigExpert ANTSCOPE and ANTSCOPE2

Discussion in 'Antennas, Feedlines, Towers & Rotors' started by IK6AWY, Jun 25, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. IK6AWY

IK6AWY Ham Member QRZ Page

RigExpert Antenna Analyzer AA-600 - Installation of RigExpert ANTSCOPE and ANTSCOPE2 software and troubleshooting of missing drivers on WindowsXP-SP3 and Windows8 - IK6AWY

OSIMO, 18/06/2020.

Assuming that I am a very happy owner of a RigExpert AA-600 Antenna Analyzer, which I consider technically very good, I want to illustrate my personal experience.
    Shortly after purchasing my AA-600, in full 2 year warranty period, I installed the software RigExpert ANTSCOPE on my PC with OS WindowsXP-SP3 and ANTSCOPE2 on my PC with OS Windows8.
    BOTH the aforementioned O.S., at the start of the software - despite having implemented exactly all the advice of the operating manual - determined the complete lack of drivers for the RigExpert AA-600, that is
    as soon as the aforementioned AA-600 was inserted into the relative USB port, in none of the aforementioned PCs and O.S., it was detected the Antenna Analyzer.
    Only on the O.S. Windows8, the AA-600 was detected among the list of hardware components connected to the PC, but with the indication of missing driver (and therefore not working).
    After contacting the Italian dealer via email, this did not propose any solution that was not to download the software from the RigExpert website (which I had already done, but with the results above described).
    Also contacted RigExpert via email, the latter did not even respond to my email request for drivers suitable for operation on my PC (making me remain somewhat disappointed by this behavior, which I consider unprofessional and serious company).
    AFTER VARIOUS PERSONAL SEARCHES ON THE INTERNET, I managed to find 2 American Forums, in which some radio amateurs had the exact same problem with me, even with other Antenna models Analyzer from RigExpert and which they solved by installing the drivers provided by the chip manufacturer Antenna Analyzer from RigExpert.
    The above drivers can be downloaded from the site:
    https://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/D2XX.htm

For the O.S. WindowsXP-SP3 driver required
    https://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/CDM/CDM20824_Setup.exe

Which is the latest version for O.S. WindowsXP-SP3 (then it was no longer supported) and that works
    perfectly with RigExpert ANTSCOPE software.

For the O.S. Windows8 requires the driver
    https://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/CDM/CDM21228_Setup.zip

which works perfectly with RigExpert ANTSCOPE2 software.

Once the aforementioned driver files have been downloaded and installed in the respective O.S., the AA-600 Antenna Analyzer of the RigExpert is immediately detected in both O.S. and in both RigExpert software.

Hoping that I did something pleasing to the owners of the RigExpert Antenna Analyzer, I entered the aforementioned search on this QRZ.COM Forums website.

73’s de IK6AWY - Fausto in OSIMO (AN) ITALY

US7IGN, KC8QVO and ND6M like this.
  2. KC8QVO

KC8QVO Ham Member QRZ Page

This is the analyzer I use at the moment also - AA-600. However, I don't have a need to connect it to the computer yet. I will keep this info tucked away for later if I do.

K0UO likes this.
  3. 2E0CIT

2E0CIT Ham Member QRZ Page

I had an issue with drivers for my AA-170 and my old computer.

Rigexpert replied promptly to my request for help and all worked well.

Maybe the staff are on lockdown at the moment and that's why you had no reply.

73, Jeff

4. AC6LA

AC6LA Ham Member QRZ Page

The OP posted this same question over on eHam.net. A member of the RigExpert staff responded within two hours. The OP has not seen fit to update either that thread or this one.

Sure, poor customer service should be called out. But good customer service should be acknowledged.

Dan, AC6LA

K8PG, WA7ARK and K0UO like this.