ad: ProAudio-1

Rigblaster PRO Set up and CD....

Discussion in 'Rig Control, Prop., Cluster, & Other Software' started by KC1KWX, Dec 23, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-BCInc
ad: L-Geochron
ad: abrind-2
  1. KC1KWX

KC1KWX Ham Member QRZ Page

About a year ago I bought a used RigBlaster PRO here on QRZ. I couldn't get it to work so I mothballed it. I am now setting up for remote control and purchased a MFJ 1234 RigPi. I find the RigPi isn't quite enough for what I want to do. My station already has a PC that runs the radios and has a very nice click and tune panadapter. Transmit is via the spacebar. I can also remotely control my amp and antenna tuner with the PC. I have set up Teamviewer to remotely run the PC which works well. It's time, tonights project is to get the audio into the PC from the radios. The Rigblaster has the necessary decoupling transformers so I am going to use it to get the audio for digital modes and phone in and out the PC.

I didn't receive the CD that came with the Rigblaster. From what I have read there is nothing magical on it. Does anyone know if there are any programs that are necessary? I am curious because my first attempt at setting it up was a failure. The audio setup program is available for download on the West Mountain site and I already have Digipan. However, the entire CD image has to be ordered which takes half of the fun and ten to fifteen bucks out of it. 73.

2. NG1H

NG1H XML Subscriber QRZ Page

For most people the default OS drivers will get the hardware working. The only I can think of that you need to get direct from West Mountain is the WMRDiagnostics program. And even that that one you may not "need", but it is helpful. All of the rest of the software can be downloaded from the original sources. The CD just makes it convenient.

3. N5AF

N5AF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

4. KC1KWX

Thank you guys. I more than appreciate the help. Interesting that you are both from TX. I'm in CT and have been looking at houses in Salado. I can't wait to finally move to TX. 73.

5. N5AF

N5AF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hope you have a successful relocation. Beware the HOA communities, they can be as bad as anywhere. If you've had your fill of snow, you are going to the right place. That part of TX may get the occasional light dusting, nothing like what you see in CT. It can be cold, but usually it's the dry, crisp and clear variety.

Summers are brutal in Texas, no way to sugar coat it. Central Texas can be downright hellish between June-September.

6. NG1H

NG1H XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Good luck on your search! I am not familiar with that particular town but it looks like a convenient area. Far enough away to get a small town feel with larger cities fairly close by whenever you need to buy anything. From my viewpoint that area is has very moderate weather. They actually can have summer days that are below 100 degrees/100% humidity! We don't see days like that until November or so.

7. KC1KWX

I agree about summer being pretty hot. I visited last July. In October I was there for a week of rain. Snow is awful and I would rather be hot than cold. I avoid HOAs and close neighbors like the plague. I'm the car restorer cut and weld type and don't need anyone telling me what I can do at my own house. I had once temporarily lived in an HOA and got in trouble for changing a bumper in the driveway. That was my wake up call. :) 73, happy holidays.

8. KC1KWX

Yep, that's the perfect description. 15 minutes from Belton and 50 minutes to Austin. Its laid back enough where many people still get around on golf carts. I'd fit right in as I built a very cool custom cart like no other. It's a show stopper whenever people see it. Taxes are reasonable and there are a few tourist seasons which I understand are fun. Close enough to Temple for real shopping and hospitals. The riff raff is fast moving out of NYC and NJ and invading CT. Crime and overcrowding are awful. My town is getting the worst of it. They don't obey traffic rules and there are crashes very often. 73, again, thank you for the reply(ies) Have a great holiday! 73.