RigBlaster Audio Device stuck on Default Communications Device

Discussion in 'Computers, Hardware, and Operating Systems' started by VK4GAP, Jan 12, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. VK4GAP

VK4GAP Ham Member QRZ Page

Bit of info , win7 32 or 64 bit , after trying out some different kinds of software for receiving to the computer from the HF rig like all those data modes and fax and rtty and others , ONE of them changed the default speakers out on my RigBlaster Advantage to the default communications device (previously it's listed as "ready" only and only comes into action when sstv or anything is being sent to the HF radio) .

So after whatever changed it when i plugged in my 3g pendrive internet modem it then disabled the Laptop speakers (no sound) and sent all the audio to the rigblaster in which is no good .

There is no simple registry fix for that after searching and looking around , it seems once that default flag is set it stays there , heaps of complaints about it on the net .

So after looking about again found this bit of software , no install and small , 2Mb of ram needed and once you set it all back it stays there and no need to run it again or keep it running , although i do , it looks nice imo and i can see the mic audio at a glance , its old and no longer supported/updated unfortunately .
    https://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Miscellaneous/Win7AudioSwitcher.shtml

That is all .

Attached Files: