ad: M2Ant-1

Rig Expert Stick Review

Discussion in 'Videos and Podcasts' started by K0BJJ, Nov 25, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K0BJJ

K0BJJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Thinking about buying an antenna analyzer? Here is my opinions and impression on the Rig Expert Stick.

2. WI9LL

WI9LL Ham Member QRZ Page

May your pooch Spotitng all the storms. Is this item you are reviewing a dog toy?

3. K0BJJ

No defiantly not a toy, at least not for dogs. My wife would argue its a toy for me.

4. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

What is "Spotitng" ?

Is that anything like "Overhall"?

5. WL7PM

WL7PM Ham Member QRZ Page

Is there a transcript for those of us that don't watch video ?

6. K0BJJ

No there is not

7. K0BJJ

Thats Public School Education and disabilities at its finest. Its also a goose oversight for you to loose your mind over.

CA3FJK likes this.
  8. WI9LL

I'm gonna be honest man. You've got spelling errors all over the place in and around your videos. Disabilities or no, spend a bit more time proofreading or have someone else double check your spelling for you. It goes a long way toward being more professional, which I assume is what you want for your channel. Also it doesn't help to be snarky with anyone that gives you advice like this fellow has. Especially when you have another post on this forum asking for advice on your video/antenna. Slow down and do it right if you want good feedback. Also don't ask for feedback if you don't want honest feedback. No one is here to take you down. All criticisms are valid and can be learned from. There's a mentality that's crept into a lot of youtube ham radio creators that they are infallible gods among men and no criticism applies to them. Some of them even teach unsafe practices and brush off safety concerns that experienced hams have for the ones learning the way. Don't fall in with those crowds. Be safe, take your time to make sure your spelling and grammar is right in your videos, and research your topics. Then take feedback constructively and make changes where need be. Best of luck.

KE0GXN and KD2UHD like this.
  9. VE7KPM

VE7KPM Ham Member QRZ Page

So far, we've heard "I make these at work, and have very little time", now you're blaming the Public Education System... and then, there it is: blaming disabilities.

In 2021, there is absolutely no excuse for such basic mistakes.

Just be a man, take ownership, admit your screw ups, fix them and move on.

The last thing the world needs is another whiny amateur radio YouTuber.

KE0GXN likes this.
  10. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Not to mention paragraphs can be your friend ;):)

Dave
    W7UUU

11. WI9LL

After the advice I gave in the post you quoted, I would not be a man of my word or honor if I did not acknowledge and heed your advice. I will attempt to do better in that regard in my future posts. Could I find the option, I would edit my post.

Now I pose this question back to you. Why do the admins here on QRZ act as if the so called "YouTube Influencers" are infallible as well? There is at least one video out there from a popular ham radio youtuber that is of an instructional nature and shows very unsafe practices that could hurt or on an extreme level kill a new ham trying to just follow their lead. Upon the issue being brought up, their response was to say "don't do what they do". This was of course buried in the comments.

You guys time and time again back up and support these guys, even when they purvey illegal and/or false information and unsafe practices and act like the people calling them on it are in the wrong. I've asked this before, but I've basically gotten the response that mods as well as the Youtubers are not to be questioned and to drop it. So be it, but if someone gets hurt, killed, arrested, or fined by the FCC, the blood is not on my hands. This is not a reference to ol' Spotter here, whom I would love to see succeed and has not done anything blatantly unsafe or wrong yet. I have a feeling I'll be met with the same response from you or another mod that you are infallible, untouchable, and too high and mighty to be wrong and placed in a critical eye.

Good day my friend.

KE0GXN, KL5GU and WC6Q like this.
  12. VE7KPM

I guess you haven't seen his latest POTA Chasing Livestream... :D

13. VE7KPM

...or his "Annena Overahaul"