ad: elecraft

Riding out Another Hurricane

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W4ZIF, Jul 3, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: L-Geochron
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
  1. W4ZIF

W4ZIF Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Looks like we may be riding out another hurricane here in Central Florida soon. Me(W4ZIF) & the Wife(KD9NKK are going to be on the radio hoping to be contributing if needed, with the hurricane net. I will have the radios in standby and ready to go. I have the Honda Generator ready and two 100ah deep cycle batteries ready in case the power goes out.

I don't like to risk having the IC-7300 hooked up to the antennas while the storm is moving through the area, but I will keep the Alinco receiving and ready to transmit should there be a need to do so. The antennas are all grounded and all the radios are grounded also. We also have total surge protection that was put in by Florida Power & Light.

I don't think we have a lot to be concerned about here inshore, but there still is that anxiety over the unknown. Our qth is just north of Crescent City, Florida. I wanted to pass along some good luck wishes for everyone else in the way of Hurricane Elsa. God, please bless everyone and keep one and all safe from any harm.

K0UO likes this.
  2. K5WY

K5WY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Best of luck to you, be careful and stay safe.

WA9SVD and WZ7U like this.
  3. WA4SIX

WA4SIX Ham Member QRZ Page

So far, it's looking to be right off the coast here in SWFL. I am lowering the tower tomorrow & stashing the antennas in the garage. I will be using an HT. Just too many lightning strikes here lately.

Ed

4. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Best of luck keep you head down

5. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Here's hoping it goes well for you.

6. WA3GWK

WA3GWK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Stay safe over there in FL, looks like we will be spared over here near Mobile, AL.

7. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

All the forecast models indicate not much more than a rainy, windy Tuesday for most of Florida. Guess the news media gets a bonus for exaggeration again.

8. KQ0J

KQ0J XML Subscriber QRZ Page

W6SDZ likes this.
  9. W6SDZ

W6SDZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Best of luck, stay safe down there.

10. KQ0J

KQ0J XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Keep an ear on SARNET - you should be near Daytona 444.850 PL 123.0