ad: MLSons-1

Rick Powell AJ4FO

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by AC4BB, Jan 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. AC4BB

AC4BB Ham Member QRZ Page

Rick Powell, AJ4FO of Munford,Alabama. Has passed away. Apparently of a massive heart attack. Rick, was a good friend and great operator he will be sorely missed in the Ham radio community.

2. NA4BH

NA4BH Ham Member QRZ Page

I had the pleasure of being around Rick a couple of times. If you had an antenna question, Rick was the one to solve your problem. Rick was a bonus to the Amateur community and will be greatly missed.

3. AC4BB

Rick, Helped Us get the FD 2009 up and running. He was a great worker in getting the transportation of the equipment facilitated and getting the antennas set up and running. He will surely be missed at FD 2010 as he was a driving force motivator and planner.
    I recall the sunburn he got at FD and said it was nice but we just needed more shade. I've never met anyone more willing to participate and give it 100% than Rick.
    No problem was too big for Rick.

4. KG4EUD

KG4EUD Ham Member QRZ Page

Rick Powell attended our CCARA Field Day in 2008 and he stayed there all day and evening operating 10 meters. Rick was always listening and he helped me so many times when he was on Cheaha on our Saturday Night Simplex Net. He heard stations from All over. Rick will truly be missed. RIP Rick Powell...

KG4EUD
    Randall Landers

5. KI4OZG

KI4OZG Ham Member QRZ Page

I will surely miss hearing Rick from "the hill" talking with everyone all around.

6. W4PIG

W4PIG Ham Member QRZ Page

W4PIG

what a good friend of mine sure will miss rick. we went to the freezfest togather 2010 he will always be in my prayers and thoughts of the good times we had on ham radio. GODS SPEED RICK.

7. N4EDT

N4EDT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

A true Friend and a Special Person

rick and I had many QSOs. over the air and face to face. He was always warm pleasant, and a pleasure to talk with.

I know the Lord Above will provide Rick a special shack in his mansion, good antennas and no more QRM! He will be our personal Official Observer!

I will miss him, 73s

Ed - N4EDT

8. AC4BB

Last edited: Feb 2, 2010
  9. KI4TEC

KI4TEC Ham Member QRZ Page

A friend I will miss alot

Rick help me a lot when I first got into ham radio. Was always around to answer a question if he could. Have a lot of memories of me and him playing radio and field day. Will really miss him.
    73's buddy

10. KI4OVR

KI4OVR Ham Member QRZ Page

ki4ovr

Rick ki4ovq/aj4fo has died and I just heard today. I gave him his first cb and we took our ham test together. I saw him at the freeze fest and I am glad that I got to see him again. He was my friend and brother and I loved him. Me and my family will always remember him. 73s Rick from ki4ovr

11. AG4WT

AG4WT Ham Member QRZ Page

ag4wt

rick i miss you my friend i dont have anyone on 10 meters at night thats was always there your walking with jesus now you will always be remembered
    Bobby Garmon ag4wt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.