Rice boxes on AM - Icom 7300?

Discussion in 'Amplitude Modulation' started by W8EJO, Apr 18, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

Damn snowflakes...

2. WB0MPB

WB0MPB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

In my opinion that is a racial term and should not be used. It is as bad as using the N word.
    That is just my opinion. I would not us it. If you have no problem with it then use it all you want.
    John, WB0MPB

3. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Been on AM off and on for 56 years have had many of BA rigs but sold most of them getting too darn old to be tossing around 100-125 lb radios they were fun and sound great. Lately when I get on AM use my Ten Tec Orion II with the Ameritron ALS 1300 at about 150-200 watts out properly adjusted receive excellent reports and very pleased with the set-up.

Have used a couple of the imported rigs in the past like the FT 102 with good results.

N6YW likes this.
  4. N6YW

N6YW Ham Member Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

Are we really stuck on this point? Let's move back to the intent of the thread please.
    Japanese radios make wonderful exciters for heavy metal transmitters, lest someone gets offended by
    the term "heavy metal" but I doubt it... and rightly so.

K3XR likes this.
  5. WB0MPB

WB0MPB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

So according to your post I do not have a right to state my opinion. I am sorry I did not ask you first. And by the way your example "heavy metal" is totally a different term then the one used. It is not racial. But I will keep you on speed dial to ask permission on my posting privileges! (NOT)

If you like racial terms then so be it. I don't have to like them.

John, WB0MPB

6. N6YW

John...
    Relax. This was not an attack on your post, just a nod to get back on topic.
    However, I cannot fathom how you interpreted that I inferred you have no right to your opinion.
    I never said anything close that. Your assertion is baseless.
    If you can't handle that then please leave the thread.

7. WA4NJY

WA4NJY Ham Member QRZ Page

Maybe we could gather 100 people and ask them if combining the words rice and box can in anyway be deemed racist.

Ed

AL7RU and N6YW like this.
  8. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

You can gather 1000 people that's not the point I completely reject the premise that the term rice box is somehow racist to do otherwise lends validity to those making the claim.

AL7RU and N6YW like this.
  9. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Well a hand full of hams Owned the term Boat Anchor.
    Maybe it is time some hams Owned the term Rice Box. :)

N6YW likes this.
  10. N6YW

I wonder what Lewis Black would say...