ad: ProAudio-1

RGO ONE 50w HF Transceiver

Discussion in 'QRP Corner' started by WW2PT, Nov 13, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: OK1UUad-1
ad: FBNews-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. KC7JNJ

KC7JNJ Ham Member QRZ Page

E2BEBBB6-83AB-4832-9F2B-8F02F67004E7.jpeg
    Amps? We ain't got no amps. We don't need no amps. This is QRP

2. KC7JNJ

KC7JNJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I would sure like to have something that has a better receiver then my 817. I like the looks of this radio. I hope the company does well, as we need people designing radios that they themselves want use. I would love to see more companies go the Elecraft route. I think that would lead to more quality.

3. KD8ZM

KD8ZM Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm not so sure about the claim that the receiver in this rig is better than the FT-891. The 891 is pretty doggone sophisticated.

4. OK1RP

OK1RP Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi folks,

Many thanks for your interest in the RGO ONE.
    The FT-891 has BDR for closed sigs (2kHz) at 70dB while RGO is measured close to 100dB (99dB/96dB for preamp off/on).
    The FT-891 current consumption in RX is 2A while RGO has it 0.6A in RX mode only.
    The RGO ONE is using 8+4 poles xtals filters in cascade with BW as low as 200Hz on IF stage...

73 - Petr, OK1RP
    http://ok1rp.blogspot.com

5. OK1RP

6. OK1RP

Hi all,

as you know the optional module of ATU is under finishing and the f/w code under tweaking for the RGO ONE.
    One of the hardest point of the ATU performance - the very low impedance matching has been successfully tested on the beta test piece of RGO.

Look over here:

The antenna in use was an 80m band dipole. Tested band was 160m.
    The ATU f/w code is still under tweaking and hardware is in beta testing to be sure that all will perform excellently in RGO ONE finally.

73 - Petr, OK1RP

N2EY likes this.
  7. W1BR

W1BR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Petr, will you be selling a kit version? What percentage is SMD to through hole construction?

8. OK1RP

Hi,
    The company is in the process of scaling up the production.
    Now few lots of (small series) fully assembled, aligned and tested radios is going to be available step by step but the modular, non-soldering kit version is planned and the price will be much less than that of the assembled units.
    Petr

WW2PT likes this.
  9. OK1RP

10. OK1RP

WW2PT likes this.