RGO ONE 50w HF Transceiver

Discussion in 'QRP Corner' started by WW2PT, Nov 13, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. WW2PT

WW2PT Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG]

I don’t know if this rig has been mentioned here already. It has certainly been flying under my radar until this evening. It’s an interesting little QRP (and then some) rig—a traditional single-conversion (9 kHz IF) superheterodyne radio in the age of SDRs and fish-finder displays.

I love the simplicity, though it may be a little too simple for me. The price on LZ2JR’s online store is 786 Euros ($867). That’s pretty steep...

Links:

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
    F8WBD and WD5IKX like this.
  2. KC7JNJ

KC7JNJ Ham Member QRZ Page

It is a good looking radio. But the price point puts me in reach of a few other radios I would like to have.

WD5IKX and WW2PT like this.
  3. KF9VV

KF9VV Ham Member QRZ Page

It is definitely a candidate for my next radio for use in our RV.

50 Watts, superhet, decent filters built in, ability to tie to a logging program, small size, internal keyer and modern local oscillator hit my desired set of features pretty squarely. Only thing missing is an internal sound card for digital modes.

I would certainly want to try one before buying. There's the intangibles such as how it sounds, is the human interface workable for me and all those kinds of things.

WW2PT likes this.
  4. WW2PT

I’d have a difficult time justifying the price over a KX2, or even a KX3 or an IC-7300 for not much more money. Not to mention freight and customs charges to get it here from Bulgaria. It’s likely a better deal in Bulgaria than it is in the US. The original target price was mentioned as “$450-$550; had that target been met, it would have made it more attractive. The 50w output is of less importance to me than the receiver performance, which I imagine is pretty good judging by the specs and some of the components it uses (SI570 and SI5351) and it’s down-conversion architecture (I’d be dialing it down to 5w anyway). Also the CW QSK switching would have to be silent like my Elecraft rigs.

On the other hand, I’ve always had a soft spot for obscure QRP radios.

5. N2DTS

N2DTS Ham Member QRZ Page

The 7300 new is under $1000.00 so its hard on other companies....

WW2PT and KF9VV like this.
  6. WD5IKX

WD5IKX Ham Member QRZ Page

It is a good looking little radio but as said before the price is pretty high. You can get an FT891 with with it's small footprint and DSP and adjustable power to 100 watts for a couple hundred less.
    I think I will keep using my Ten Tec Argosy 525D ....I know it has a good receiver and it will do 5 or 50 watts.

John WD5IKX

KW6LA, K8AI and WW2PT like this.
  7. OK1RP

OK1RP Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, the actual price 586Euro is for assembled and fully aligned "ready to go" radio incl. the heavy weighted VFO knob, new H-mode first IF mixed, opti. variable 4-poles Johnson crystal filter, new ball bearing opt. VFO encoder and fan cradle opt.
    So it is not the price for the kit... just FYI.

Petr OK1RP

WD5IKX and WW2PT like this.
  8. WW2PT

Thx Petr. The only price I saw published was €785.72 on LZ2JR’s online store. If it is really €586, that price would make it a lot more attractive to US buyers ($645).

9. OK1RP

No, so sorry my fault > typo error. the actual price for assembled and aligned radio inlc. mentioned opts is 785Euro.
    That was no mktg trick just typo error...:)
    73 - Petr, OK1RP

WW2PT likes this.
  10. OK1RP

The original targeted price $450-$550 is for basic radio in kit version> to be built at home with no-soldering modules.
    73 - Petr, OK1RP

WW2PT likes this.