RG8U cable management solutions

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by KN6OAK, Apr 11, 2021.

ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-BCInc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. KN6OAK

KN6OAK Ham Member QRZ Page

Loads of solutions if I had wood exterior walls then romex clamps would work. I need to anchor to Stucco I did see this as a possible solution that can easily be unclamped for repairs. RFS CLIC CLAMP FOR 1/2" COAXIAL CABLE at Gap Wireless. I wonder how well these hold up.

2. W7HV

W7HV Ham Member QRZ Page

You might run it through a length of conduit.

N0TZU likes this.
  3. MM0LQF

MM0LQF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

You can get 10mm clips, that should fit RG8.

I use 5mm ones like this with RG58, and it works

4. KN6OAK

Conduit is not necessary on this install. Thank you for the thought. 1st part done...The dish network receiver has been eliminated and the Diamond x-50A is utilizing the dish mounting pole which is great because I don't have to re-invent the wheel. I now have options to manage the RG8U which I will look into on Monday. Thank you all for the input.

5. KN6OAK

I'm thinking the same solution using Masonry threaded versions.

6. KE0ZU

KE0ZU Ham Member QRZ Page

I think THESE Jerry suggested, would be the ones to use. To Fit the coax, I would make some 1" wide pieces of the origonal outer jacket material, slitted to allow them to fit freely over the cable. I'd think the shim of jacket material should be thick enough to make it a tight fit.

7. K4YNZ

K4YNZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I used a support for copper pipe. Another solution is nail in D rings like we used in telco offices.

8. K6BRN

K6BRN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The "universal solution" is zip-ties (anti-UV black for outdoors) attached to anchor pads.

Zip-tie anchor pads are available by the bag (right next to the zip ties) at Home Depot and allow attachment to just about anything using their adhesive back alone or via a small screw through their center. The anchors will accomodate 1-4 zip ties and hold them (and ANY cabling) very securely. I've used zip ties/anchor pads to attach single cabes and bundles to wood, stucco and sheetrock with very good success - they last a very long time. I generally screw them in.

Brian - K6BRN

9. KL2WX

KL2WX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

May I suggest communication J hooks for your application? Erico, B-Line and others make them. You can get the at electrical supply houses, EBay and Amazon.

N0TZU likes this.
  10. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Buy a 3D printer and print your own.

I print all of my cable clips and Zip Ties too.

Excellent excuse to buy a new toy.
    :)