RG8U cable management solutions

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by KN6OAK, Apr 11, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. KN6OAK

KN6OAK Ham Member QRZ Page

I have been searching the web with no results for RG8U cable clips to neatly route RG8U under my patio roof to my entry point on the wall. Rg6 and smaller O.D. clips are a dime a dozen, but I can not find one vendor who sells RG8U .400" diameter clips anywhere. The clip needs to securely fasten the cable so no "drooping" occurs in the run. neat and tidy straight lines is what I want.
    For those of you who have this cable routed, what did you use? If you know of a vendor please post their web address.

Thank you in advance

2. W4HWD

W4HWD Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I was gonna start a business called "RG8U Cable Management Solutions" but I guess that name is already taken:(

3. KA2RRK

KA2RRK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

4. KA2RRK

Already has a QSL manager.

RRK

WE4E likes this.
  5. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Look for RG11 clips. Much more common.

K0UO likes this.
  6. KN6OAK

7. KN6OAK

That would work. I will look into it. Thanks.

8. KA2RRK

You can carefully use Scotch 33 tape to build up the clamp area to delight...

RRK

9. KN6OAK

Thought of that as well and I got the adhesive tape. I was even going to 3D print a few but really don't fell like designing one at the moment.

10. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Romex clips can also work. They generally have one or two nails captivated by the nylon (or whatever plastic) holder and RG8 sized coax will fit some of them.

I've used them a few times for others.

But for myself, I try like heck to avoid "clamping" antenna cables to anything; makes testing or replacing them much more tedious. With a patio cover, I'd run the cables over the top rather than underneath and that way they won't be seen by anyone not in a helicopter.:)