RFinder PI Introduction

Discussion in 'RFinderPi - Open Source radio interface based on R' started by W2CYK, Jul 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
  1. NR2C

NR2C Ham Member QRZ Page

Bob,
    I hadn't realized that the software for the individual radio was in the Pi. Now I understand the logic in what you are doing. I had thought you were actually sending radio specific commands via WIFI to the Pi where they were then sent to the radio. If that were the case, Bt or WIFI would not matter. My rig is also an FT-857D, BTW.

I've left a message on Gigaparts for a price on the Pi kit you mentioned would be available. I am on vacation, this week and will be making a trip next weekend. Any chance you will be sharing your upgraded RFinder software with Pi support by then? If so, I will get building. ;-)

Chuck

2. W2CYK

W2CYK Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey Chuck...call GigaParts speak to Justin or Carl....

On my way to Ten Mile River Scout camp this AM for the week...

Bob :)

3. MW0POB

MW0POB Ham Member QRZ Page

when i buy the RFinder software for £6.99 do i then have to buy a subscription on top of that or does it come with a years sub ?? looking at using the pi rather than buying the blucat device

cheers
    Jamie MW0POB

4. K2ACM

K2ACM Ham Member QRZ Page

Sorry I took so long...the thread is usually bold when there is a new message....yes when you get the RFinder app on either platform it includes the annual subscription, and now that we are the Official Repeater Directory App for RSGB, your purchase supports them! Are you on Android or iPhone?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.