ad: M2Ant-1

"RF Clippers for SSB" QST, July 1967

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by WC6W, Oct 14, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WC6W

WC6W Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi,
    I'm looking for a PDF copy of an ancient QST Article:

"RF clippers for SSB”, QST, pp13-18, July 1967 by W. Sabin

My local library only has the last 20 years of this periodical.

Perhaps, someone, who's a current ARRL member, would do me a favor and download it from their database?

73 & Good morning,
    Marv WC6W

2. AD5HR

AD5HR Ham Member QRZ Page

For only $49.00 you can download them yourself, and as a
    bonus, you get 12 magazines a year!

3. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

That is true, and one becomes an ARRL member for a year, but (some say) QST is a mere ghost of what it once was. As some say, "a rip-off at half the price." Some see it of value. YMMV.

ARRL members can search the QST archives to their heart's delight.

W9KEY likes this.
  4. VE3TMT

VE3TMT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Marv,

I possibly have it. Can take a look tonight when I get home from work.

Max

5. W9KEY

W9KEY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

As a new ham, I struggled with the idea of paying $50 per year for something (QST Magazine) that I used to read at my local library for free.
    But after thinking more about it - here's why I recently joined:
    1. No other organization represents amateur radio operators and their hobby at the bureaucratic (US Government and World levels). We really need someone lobbying on our behalf. And that costs money.
    2. They fight to keep and expand our operating bands, modes, and general privileges. Without such effort, commercial users (with huge wallets) will gobble up even more of the valuable spectrum.
    3. They are the only ones attempting to do something about the draconian HOA rules that ban antennas (which without some challenge might eventually end the HF part of our hobby forever).
    4. They are one of the few organizations investigating effects of high power wireless car chargers - and the potentially incredible RF noise that might be produced by well-meaning early electric car adopters with a "garage on every block". Try working HF with S9+ noise levels.
    5. Since the FCC has pretty much been neutered over the years, I remain hopeful that someone (maybe ARRL) will champion search parties to find & prosecute just a few of the idiots (often appearing on 80 meters) that seem so driven to disrupt those following the rules. Just a few $10,000 fines would do wonders. That alone would be worth my $50.
    6. Having my own copy of QST (at home) is nice. Makes it easy to check monthly listings for contests, special event stations, and DXpeditions. The articles are OK and I watch for new equipment from the impressive list of advertisers.
    7. ARRL's publishing group is fantastic! And while you certainly don't have to be a member to buy their books, member discounts can often be found that help offset your $50 dues.
    And finally, try to attend a local Club meeting and catch a presentation by your ARRL Division Director. If they are anything like our Central guy (Kermit Carlson, W9XA ) - you WILL be impressed. I want people like that on my side.

Anyway - I just consider the $50 as a "donation" to the only group I know that's fighting in support of our hobby. It should be tax deductible!!

AD5HR likes this.
  6. VE3TMT

Hi Marv,

I just emailed you a copy of the article.

Max

7. VE3TMT

Marv

Email bounced. Please advise where to send the article.

Max