ad: w5yi

REWARD: $500 cash for scammer posing as KK4XG/Leroy Jarrett

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by KA5TRO, Mar 10, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. K0EED

K0EED XML Subscriber QRZ Page

When caught? Good luck with that. Wish it were that easy to catch the crooks but it's not. Just look at the amount of fraudulent listings here and the money scammers are bilking people out of (and it's not only here on QRZ). That's not even a drop in the bucket when it comes to fraudulent transactions and banking. Getting reloadable debit cards and the use of them to move fraudulently obtained funds is a huge problem and the banking industry is struggling mightily to get a grip on it to no avail. It's sad.

2. K0EED

K0EED XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Oh and when your talking about getting the FBI involved. Unless you are talking about 100K or more in theft of funds the FBI will not devote much in resources if any at all to investigate. When you are talking about the dollar amounts in transactions such as these here on the zed it may be a lot of money to you or me but the FBI will just chuckle after they hear a complaint of this low dollar amount and move on to what they deem "bigger fish".

3. WF9Q

WF9Q Ham Member QRZ Page

ok

4. KB3VWG

KB3VWG Ham Member QRZ Page

My Offer still stands to do some research for you...

- KB3VWG

5. K6NG

K6NG Ham Member QRZ Page

KK4XG.png

This is a copy of the ad that was on QTH

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
  6. KB3VWG

KB3VWG Ham Member QRZ Page

From that information you provided, that telephone number is actually a registered to a Voice over IP company named Bandwidth DOT com.

The good news, this phone is considered a LANDLINE telephone, you may be able to have law enforcement (or a investigator, such as YOURSELF) to ask the company who uses that line, as u have a scam issue. Someone is paying for the VoIP service (but that could just be a bad credit card).

I have also found a name of Evita Christoph of Pawnee Tri. SE, Huntsville, AL from Caller ID records.

The email hasn't turned up anything.

KB3VWG