Reverse Bean Network skimmers and problematic callsigns?

Discussion in 'Straight Keys - CW Enthusiasts' started by AA4OO, Mar 9, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. WA7DU

WA7DU Ham Member QRZ Page

Please evacuate the planet if you are unwilling to enthusiastically accept the new world-wide ethic. Proper spelling, grammar, syntax, and even arithmetic are old, obsolete, and outmoded ideas. Those conventions prevent people from reaching their maximum of creativity. That some people believe that 2 + 2 = 4 is an important concept is holding us all back from our potential. It is perfectly OK to learn that 2 + 2 = 5 or 3. We are building a new society where the common tongue will be Babel, where every word means whatever you want it to mean, indeed, at the pinnacle, every word will mean everything and anything. Same with spelling; every spelling is acceptable, and the more alternative spellings a citizen can develop, the more successful he or she can be in this new world. A happy and prosperous future awaits those who comply. All hail the new world.

VK5EEE likes this.
  2. KC9UDX

KC9UDX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Free at last! In the days when there is no king, everyone does as he sees fit.

Téigh le Dia.

VK5EEE likes this.
  3. AI6KX

AI6KX Ham Member QRZ Page

"Wallah" means something like "by God!" in street Arabic. So not too far off.

4. KC9UDX

KC9UDX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Sounds like a dangerous thing to say.

5. AI6KX

Maybe in Texas, but in Muslim countries they take a lot of liberties with God's name, with even more colorful curses than we have. It's Muhammad's name you don't want to be heard profaning....

6. W5BIB

W5BIB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I just stick with Hell Yeah !!

7. VK5EEE

VK5EEE Ham Member QRZ Page

You'll have to share those with me some time Steve :) BTW I've never heard Allah's (Allah is Arabic for The God and all faiths use it in Arabic not only Muslim) name being profaned verbally in a great many years in Arab countries, though yes "Wallah" as you say "By God" is supposed to be used in testimony of telling the truth, but we came to hold it as meaning "Walla(ying)" i.e. "And (Arabic Wa) (I am lying)." Cheap misuse of God. But then again so do many people, .e.g. in the middle of copulation, or "My God" could be considered a misuse, as God surely cannot belong to anyone. Oops, did we go off topic... Ahh, yes someone said Wallah, and these days anything in Arabic is dangerous :eek: in Arabic Morse if I remember it correctly Allah would be .- .-.. .-.. ..-.. Wallah would be .-- .- .-.. .-.. ..-.. I did use to know Arabic Morse but now it's not used any more, I think the last were the Sudanese embassies who used it up until the 1990's.

8. W5BIB

W5BIB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Back in the 60's, the Siamese border guards had a pretty strange code, especially when using a hand-cranked generator !! :rolleyes: It was very challenging. :cool: RBN skimmers wouldn't have had a chance.

VK5EEE likes this.
  9. AI6KX

10. AI6KX

Lou - as an oath, the one I remember most is "wallahi ma baraf", or "I swear I don't know".

The Name is often left out but implied, in curses such as "b'yikhrab beitak" = "(may He) destroy your house".

Contrast and compare.