ad: elecraft

Reverse Beacon network wrong QTH

Discussion in 'QRZ Site Community Help Center' started by NN0TE, Aug 27, 2022.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. NN0TE

NN0TE Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

RBN has my station location as coming from my old address in Florida - they state that they pull address information from QRZ.
    I've changed my address in QRZ but I must be missing something...RBN still has me in FL.

Can someone please tell me exactly where they pull the address information from so I can correct mine please?
    Thank you in advance
    NN0TE

2. KP4SX

KP4SX Ham Member QRZ Page

Go to Logbook. > Settings > Logbook Properties and make sure it is set correctly.

3. NN0TE

Bill,
    Thanks for the reply. My address, county and grid are all correct for my address in Minnesota.
    I've tried contacting the folks at RBN but they just tell me that they pull QTH info from QRZ.com

4. KP4SX

KP4SX Ham Member QRZ Page

Did you actually confirm your Logbook Properties? This is a different database than your bio page properties.

5. K8VHL

K8VHL Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Nope, your Show Map still points to your old County and State in Fl.
    From QRZ main menu go to your callsign and select Edit NN0TE, select callsign data and scroll down to County field just below the green name and address fields. Also check your grid square entry. As Bill said, confirm that your logbook info reflects your new location.

6. NN0TE

Hart,
    Thank you - my grid was still set to the Cape Coral address in that screen. I hope that works!
    Trent

K8VHL likes this.
  7. NN0TE

Thank you for the help guys, my RBN location is now correct!

K8VHL and KP4SX like this.
  8. M0MNE

M0MNE Ham Member QRZ Page

How long does it take for RBN to update? I changed logbook properties as above, but it's still showing incorrectly.

9. K8VHL

Have you been on the air since you made the change? Which location is it showing and which location do you want it to show?

10. M0MNE

M0MNE Ham Member QRZ Page

I haven't been on the air since the change, so maybe that's it. It's actually showing my home location even when searching with mobile suffix, which has a different location in QRZ.com.

11. K8VHL

I assume you're referring to your /P callsign as the "mobile suffix"? What location does RBN report for your /MM callsign?