Rev. Paul Bittner W0AIH - SK

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by NN3W, Nov 1, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. AE1N

AE1N Ham Member QRZ Page

I never met the man personally but one never missed his signal ... Many many contest QSOs. Can't help the tear coming down my cheek. 73 and Rest in Peace!

2. VE3YF

VE3YF Ham Member QRZ Page

Very sad news indeed.

Paul was a very good friend both on air and in person. I am truly shocked to hear how he died.

Paul will be sadly missed. My heartfelt condolences to Mary and the whole Bittner family.

RIP Paul my good friend.

73 De Mike
    VE3YF

3. W0PV

W0PV Ham Member QRZ Page

4. HB9LCW

HB9LCW Ham Member QRZ Page

Paul was already visiting me and we had interesting conversations about our hobby.
    He was a very nice and friendly person.
    We lost a big radio amateur.
    My heartfelt condolences go to Mary and the whole family.
    RIP Paul my friend.

73 de Silvio
    HB9LCW

5. K0MD

K0MD Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Paul was a great friend to me and many in MWA and TCDXA. He did fall from a tower where he was working. His family have released some details. Paul was preparing his station for ARRL SS and CQ WW CW. He had enjoyed the CQ WW SSB but had admitted he was likely soon to stop hosting MM due to amount of work involved.
    I know his family will appreciate all of the nice words posted on this forum.

NL7W likes this.
  6. K0DD

K0DD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

When I opened your email this morning John, I was sort of taken aback. From the first time I met him in 1972, I found Paul full of youthful exuberance and enthusiasm beyond anyone I have known of our parents' generation. Our prayers go out for his family.

Thank You Paul for being a part of our life. Erika DD

W7UUU likes this.
  7. HB0TW

HB0TW Ham Member QRZ Page

So sad.
    My heartfelt condolences to Mary and Family.
    Paul and Mary visit me once in Liechtenstein, he Climbed my tower like a 20 year old Man.
    And he maked some QSO`S from HB0 Country.
    He was was a very friendly Person.
    R.I.P.

K0DD likes this.
  8. W0XX

W0XX Ham Member QRZ Page

So sorry to hear that. His call in contests was a regular thing. Sometimes folks get over confident climbing towers, or working on amps because they have done it 100 times before and then....

Sorry to hear of the loss within the amateur ranks....RIP

9. M3TOM

M3TOM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

RIP Paul what a top man in my log last 27/10 you will lots of dx up there. Tom g1izq

10. NY7Q

NY7Q Ham Member QRZ Page

I am sad Paul is gone. I think we all have worked him or his station somewhere, sometime. I had many good conversations with him. God Bless him and his family.