ad: Alphaant-1

Retevis RT90 Latest Dual Band DMR Mobile Radio

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by BH6PJL, Sep 18, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. BH6PJL

BH6PJL Ham Member QRZ Page

Retevis RT90 Latest Dual Band DMR Mobile Radio will coming soon on 27th September. The RT90 gives you the crystal clear, noise-free audio of over-the-air digital communications in your vehicle, full analog transceiver capabilities.

RT90 supports analog and digital modes. It provides dual-band support, operating on both 400-480MHz and 136-174MHz at up to 50 watts VHF and 45 watts UHF, the low power is 25 watts, using Time-Division Multiple-Access (TDMA) digital technology. This Dual Band DMR Mobile Radio is also compatible with Motorola TRBO and DMR Tier II.

The RT90 offers 3000 channels and 250 zones with 64 channels for each zone. It can save 10000 contacts. RT90 has built-in CTCSS/DCS, channel scan, priority scan, short text message features, draft message edit, contacts check and edit, and encryption. It also has remote stun/kill and activate.
    [​IMG]
    Main Feature

• Use Time-Division Multiple-Access(TDMA)digital function
    • Comply with digital protocol ETSI TS 1020361-1.-2-3
    • Compatible with Mototrbo Tier I &II Analog and digital combined
    • Single call, group call and all call
    • Ani Function
    • Encryption function
    • Remote Kill/Stun and activate
    • Short text message function
    • Call log check and edit function
    • Short text message check and edit function
    • Contacts check and edit function
    • PC programmable function
    • CTCSS.DCS encoding and decoding function
    • PC password protection function
    • Draft message edit function 250 zones, 16 channels for each zone
    • 3000 channels
    • Color LCD Display
    • Programmable functional keys
    • Voice Prompt
    • Low Voltage prompt
    • Upgradeable by firmware
    • TOT
    • Emergency alert
    • SQL Setting
    • Scanning Function and priority Scanning
    • Monitor Function
    • VOX Transmitting
    • Lone Worker
    • Time and zone setting
    If you need you can learn more from here. http://www.retevis.com/retevis-rt90-dmr-digital-mobile-radio

KG5SDE likes this.
  2. N4GKS

N4GKS Ham Member QRZ Page

$359.00.

3. W9JTC

W9JTC Ham Member QRZ Page

I wish they would make a UHF DMR mobile reasonably priced like the TYT MD-380.

MM6LNB and WA2DZO like this.
  4. K0MGL

K0MGL Ham Member QRZ Page

50W Amplifiers that can switch fast enough to keep up with dual slot TDMA are not cheap, even in China.

This is the same price as its clone, the TYT MD-9600.

5. N6NLX

N6NLX Ham Member QRZ Page

I wish they would make one with dual band,
    a small footprint and a remote mountable head.

6. IW2BSF

IW2BSF Ham Member QRZ Page

yes is the SAME radio like the TYT MD-9600 ...... only a re-branded by retevis !

for me is too HIGH the price , for similar price you buy a professional radio

(ONLY UHF ! not dualbander .... ) like the Motorola or Hytera .

K9ASE likes this.
  7. HB9GFX

HB9GFX Ham Member QRZ Page

For me as well, to high price.
    I see it at 280 € so around 290$ as a dual band and I would pay 220€ /230$ as UHF only.

They should not put in a 50W as amplifier they should do 25W and then it is even cheaper

73 de HB9GFX

8. HB9GFX

HB9GFX Ham Member QRZ Page

I dont understand why they not use the technology from the MD380/RT3 and just put a 25W amplifier on it in a mobile case.
    They save to put a battery and charger to it. So should be a similar price then MD380/RT3

73 de HB9GFX

K4NB likes this.
  9. K3FHP

K3FHP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Aside from the price(those fusion and dstar nobles are pricey too) the low power setting of 25w is a deal breaker. For battery power motor off mobile or emcomm that is too high. I can hit the machine from anywhere in my county with 5w and a magmount.

10. K3LI

K3LI Ham Member QRZ Page

Hmm, make a big deal out of storing 10,000 contacts. And we need this why?

W4FBI and W6ERM like this.
  11. W2JKT

W2JKT Ham Member QRZ Page

Why I would spend D-Star money for DMR functionality is beyond me...

12. K9CTB

K9CTB Ham Member QRZ Page

Seems nobody's happy. What has happened to our hobby/service? I remember paying $600.00 for an ALD-24T Alinco dual bander FM rig and a simple magnet-mount antenna in the '80s The Kenwoods and Icoms were $1K if you bought any add-ons at all ... These chicom rigs are a pretty good price break compared to Batwing stuff .... you'd think at least *somebody* would be happy .... Maybe it's just me. :)

K5JEF, 4X1ST, K3MRK and 1 other person like this.
  13. UT7UX

UT7UX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Today I updated contacts in my MD-380 and noticed that there are approx 72k DMR IDs worldwide. So 10k contacts are pretty nothing for HAM. Even 100k contacts won't be enough very soon. BTW, why didn't they do a mobile version of MD-380? Something inexpensive (single band/25W) with detachable front panel and/or remote control on a mike?

14. W8LGZ

W8LGZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Seems everyone wants top of the line radios at bargain basement prices these days. Would be nice, doesn't work that way though.

K9CTB likes this.
  15. WB2JIX

WB2JIX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Why don't they give it free to every licensed ham? Nah, that wouldn't still make anyone happy. They would demand a company rep come over to program it for them. ;-)

K9CTB, 4X1ST, K1XS and 2 others like this.