ad: elecraft

Retevis RT73 test

Discussion in 'Videos and Podcasts' started by EA3HSL, Nov 27, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. VA7LBA

VA7LBA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Just got my RT73 three days ago and I'm pretty happy with it. Seems like a lot of the bugs have been fixed and the analogue APRS works well. The programming is still a little confusing as the new CPS firmware does not match the instructions online and so it caused some momentary confusion regarding RX with DMR contacts. Monitoring the C-bridge of the local DMR repeater net and watching my hotspot shows the BER is perfect. The RX sound is clear and loud (possibly too loud) and DX sound reports for net contacts in both analogue and DMR have been great. My only caveat is that I wouldn't recommend this radio to new DMR users as the instructions are confusing and often nonexistent. Programming the codeplug is always tedious but even more so for the RT73 because it adds a few small extra steps like the RX list. I wish there was a way to customize the display ie colors. The stated power is 10% less than advertised according to my meter with good SWR readings. If you are experienced with DMR, this is a great little mobile once you get it programmed up. [​IMG]

IW2BSF likes this.
  2. IW2BSF

IW2BSF Ham Member QRZ Page

hi, very nice this car support to the radio, where you buy and the name of this support ? 73

3. VA7LBA

I purchased it on eBay. It was a cupholder mount originally designed for HT's but I modified it by removing the baseplate and screwing in the mobile bracket.

IW2BSF likes this.
  4. IW2BSF

ebay ... but the complete "name" to search this ?

5. VA7LBA

IW2BSF likes this.
  6. IW2BSF

thanks for the link .... solid the base, do you fit well and doesn't move from the glass door?

I don't know about you but this radio has an serious problems ..... in some national tg it works well, in others "sometimes" you listen to the international tg ww, really absurd! :-(

I heard alktri colleagues om and they too have my own problem, hi hi, serious!