Restoring my Johnson Viking Valiant-II

Discussion in '"Boat Anchor" & Classic Equipment' started by WA6HYQ, Jul 27, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: L-Geochron
ad: abrind-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: Left-2
  1. WA6HYQ

WA6HYQ Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm restoring a Johnson Viking Valiant-II and I need two items;

I am looking for the front panel chrome piece and the cabinet paint. The transmitter I have is working very well, still need a few caps changed and possible some minor mods however the real restoration will be in the paint and replacing the chrome piece thats missing. So far I have not found ether searching the internet. I found a person who for $400 will restore my transmitter which is really a great deal however shipping costs alone will be $500-$700 to safely ship it there and the same coming the other direction.

I live in the Southern California area, if you have parts for a Valiant-II or know where I can find the paint, please let me know. I'm very excited in the possibilities of a great restoration but without the paint and front panel chrome piece it will be difficult completing the project.

Thank you and 73's,

John

2. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

3. W4KJG

W4KJG Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes, it is very sad that we lost K9STH. His website still has a lot of valuable information.

If that doesn't work, you might try contacting Greg Latta, AA8V. Here is his web page for what the did with a Viking Ranger: https://www.frostburg.edu/personal/latta/ee/ranger/restoration/restoration.html

You should also have a lot of metal shops in your area, particularly as you get around the Kearny Mesa area. They should be able to match the paint color and do a powder coat for a reasonable price.