ad: ProAudio-1

Replacement Front Panels For Older HF Radios ???

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by K5FRH, Feb 13, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. K5FRH

K5FRH Ham Member QRZ Page

I would like to know if anyone is making replacement front panels for some of the classic HF gear....either replacement panels or adhesive overlays. From time to time I come across great radios with horribly worn front panels that need to be replaced.

I am typically looking for Drake, Kenwood, Yaesu, Collins.

Thank You.
    Rod, K5FRH

2. W9RAC

W9RAC Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Im sure you have looked but from time to time I see used ones on Ebay. Not sure I have seen any remakes but a mint used one can be Ok. Generally when I run across those I have used a generic search such as only the word "yaesu" or the like. Consider a craigslist search that covers all of the craigslist. 73 Rich

3. K5FRH

Hello Rich. You and I must think alike. I do the same thing and find a few replacement panels, but rarely what I am looking for.

W9RAC likes this.
  4. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

eBay, QTH, and eHam classifieds have an "automatic search" function. If/when a match happens, you're sent an email. This eliminates repeated MANUAL searches. The last item I found was a Green Heron rotator controller. It took a year (they almost never become available).

K5FRH likes this.
  5. K5FRH

Thanks.

6. K4PIH

K4PIH Ham Member QRZ Page

I run Swan gear and have found a few parts on eBay. Last thing I purchased was the ventilated cover that fits almost all the Swan series. Seems that CB'ers used to cut circular holes in the top of the cover that somehow seemed to always be over the 10 M circuit. I've also found some Siltronic and Atlas parts.

K5FRH likes this.