Replacement for components from Air Band Receiver Kit

Discussion in 'Homebrew and Kit Projects' started by UB3ARM, Jan 19, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. UB3ARM

UB3ARM Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Dear Team!
    I have a KIT: Airband Receiver (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/DIY...748.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.962a4c4dBTcAxZ)

in this kit uses transistors 2SC3355, mixer on SA612 (NE612) and IF amplifier on MC1350P
    i think that SA612 (NE612) is still ok, but I have some doubt about 2SC3355 and MC1350P, may be on right now has components with more high characteristics and which I can to use for replacement 2SC3355 and MC1350P
    thank you for advices and any ideas!

2. VK3YE

VK3YE Ham Member QRZ Page

3. K6BSU

K6BSU Ham Member QRZ Page

I built one of those. Only modification was to the pot for the varicap tuning. External pot made to fit the National dial mechanism, and a trimmer pot for "fine tuning". The RF amp transistor is not critical, and almost any good RF NPN will work. The MC1350 as provided worked fine. A resonant 1/4 wave GP outside antenna is very useful.

There's a lot of stuff for only $12+.

UB3ARM likes this.
  4. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Ham Member QRZ Page

5. UB3ARM

UB3ARM Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you guys!

2 K6BSU, I changed default hyterodyne to generator (based on Si5351 by qrplabs) under Arduino control - it’s great for me,

So, ok, you said to me what is transistors is ok, and not critical for this schema, ok, I will keep them without any changed

6. K6BSU

K6BSU Ham Member QRZ Page

The NE612 provides a transistor to fashion an oscillator with a few external LC components. If the external components are temperature-stable, then the resulting oscillator is quite good and stable. Even at VHF, the oscillator stability can be excellent using this chip. I have used this chip in several home-brew projects.