Repeaters in Nashville

Discussion in 'VHF/UHF - 50Mhz and Beyond' started by KG4ITZ, Jan 21, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. KG4ITZ

KG4ITZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't hear any activity here in the Nashville, middle Tn. area..Does anyone know of any active repeaters?

2. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

I would often travel there on business and found 145.110 to be a busy repeater.

3. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Don't all the repeaters in Nashville have country music playing in the background?

4. WJ4U

WJ4U Ham Member QRZ Page

Though someone was going to say each "new" country star is just another repeater.

5. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

6. WE4E

WE4E Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Activity runs hot and cold, like most places, but 146.67, 146.76, the Brentwood machine on 145.210 is right near you, Music Mountain 146.88 (114.8) and 145.39 (114.8).

There's also a lot of simplex on 146.415, including a net on Saturday and Wednesday nights at 8:00pm.

7. KG4ITZ

KG4ITZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks I will look into those. The 146.67 used to be in constant use along with the 760, but since coming back into town, just silence..I will try simplex.

8. WE4E

WE4E Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

You'll hear the 67 and the 210 machines during commute times. The Williamson County ARES does a net Monday at 7:00 (I think) on the 210. There's also an NTS net, but I forget when that is.

Jump on 146.415 tomorrow (Wednesday) night at 8:00. Also check the web page, www.146415.net

9. N4DJT

N4DJT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Short Mountain: 146.910- t: 114.8 - they have nets like every night. covers a good hunk of Middle TN.
    Maury County: 147.120+ t: 127.3 busy some times.
    Others have mentioned the WCARES machines...etc.
    Most of the other machines, the only activity is the IDer's :(

10. KN4OXN

KN4OXN Ham Member QRZ Page

I agree with N4DJT, the Short Mountain Repeater Club is pretty active (tho, I think it's closer to Murfreesboro). Brentwood (145.21) has a good amount of activity as well. There are a lot of linked repeaters in the area, but I can't remember them based on frequency, only the names I've given them on my radios. I'd be happy to chat with you anytime. I've got about 50 repeaters in the mid state area programmed into my radio that I scan whenever I'm driving around.

I haven't heard much simplex at all, but I was talking to a guy yesterday that said the short mountain club does a fair amount of simplex groups, so I'm going to figure out my crossband repeat and try to check in to some of those from my HT (using the crossband in my car, in the driveway).

73's, David