Repeater Identification and Access

Discussion in 'VHF/UHF - 50Mhz and Beyond' started by KC1JLM, Nov 19, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. KC9UDX

KC9UDX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I can't imagine anyone would be upset by that. If they are, they likely will just not respond.

2. KC1JLM

KC1JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for the help KC9UDX! I appreciate your encouragement!

I am going to download the app on my phone and just stick with that one source for my next trial run (AKA, here at the shack and on the mntn in Stowe). I have been a bit confused by some of the inconsistencies found on web searches regarding repeater info.

Again, ty

KC9UDX likes this.
  3. W7CJD

W7CJD Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't see why not.

Radio amateurs schedule making contact on a frequency.

So, why not?

I have thought to email to check out a "target" I would like to see if an antenna will reach.

I would also like to use email to find a radio amateur that can record the audio.

I haven't done it.

I would like to.

I think it is a great idea.

4. W7CJD

W7CJD Ham Member QRZ Page

I looked at ignored content, just in case someone else was helping in the thread.

I really have helped all I know to help about getting that first contact on the repeaters near him.

I wasn't thinking of ignoring him.

No callsign, on-the-air, would get the result I mentioned.

By the way, I use a screenreader.

I missed his callsign in the first post, because the screenreader doesn't do well unless it is a word, or, I stop it and ask for it to read letter by letter.

I read plenty for two Bachelor of Science programs and I have plenty of accomplishments.

Maybe now that everyone knows I am handicapped for reading, now, due to neurological impairments recently, maybe I won't get so much flack for not wanting to read all the extraneous or off-topic "remarks" of the really superior Extras and such on the forum, that have nothing to say about a thread topic.

apologies: to KC1ERL

Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
  5. KC1JLM

No worries W7CJD :)

My oldest son is autistic. I didn't take any offense.....

Much love to you brother....

6. KC1JLM

mods.....

is there a way to change my screen name? I tried to go to my profile, but it says that I don't have access. But my call sign is listed.....

7. KC9UDX

KC9UDX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

8. WA9WVX

WA9WVX Ham Member QRZ Page

Josh,

Since you're a new ham in town, why don't you look up those two hams addresses and stop by to say Hello. I'd bet either guy would be happy to meet and talk to you. Hey, they're neighbors and have something in common with you ... Amateur Radio.:D

Dan
    WA9WVX

9. KC9ZHR

KC9ZHR Ham Member QRZ Page

Contact AA1PR he is a couple hours from you but may be able to point you in the right direction or know some good guys in your area. He's a cool guy....tell him I sent you :cool:

10. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Tone is all you need.

I never use Tone Squelch because I like to hear if the frequency is in use.

Good Luck.