ad: vanity

Repeater gone HF in!

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by VE6WTF, Jan 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. VE6WTF

VE6WTF Ham Member QRZ Page

Sorry, But I didnt hear you??
    Did you by any chance hear me?
    I pushed about 15 watts...
    I can do 150 when I get a PS

2. Guest

Guest Guest

no....15 watts usually can't much at this point in the cycle (no offense)

when you plan to be able to put out 150?

3. VE6WTF

When I get a Power Supply this weekend..
    I will also Hang the dipole.. right now is 4 feet off the ground... Might be a problem
    But plenty of DX coming in,
    Its the SARA flea market this weekend so I am bringing some gear I dont use to trade for HF stuff...Headset, Key, POWER SUPPLY.
    I need 20amps for 150 watts. But right now I only have 6! hi hi hi... So I will get a new P/S or if I cant find one I will find a car battery and trickle charge it outside and run lines into the shack

4. Guest

Guest Guest

cool!

5. NE6AO

NE6AO Ham Member QRZ Page

when I lived on the ind res,no elec so ran deepcycle batts and a solar charger,and then eventually got a gen but still ran the batts you can usually get a decent seald deep for 35 on up or a new one at the local costco for 45,dont know abt your stores and what they carry,but call around to the stores that carry batts.I could run them for several days at a time and drain em they would charge right up no prob.BUT you cant do that to a car batt ,I didrun a car batt in a emergency and took it down to 11.9 1 time and it charged ok but a few hrs is all you can run on a car batt.

6. MI0JVI

MI0JVI Ham Member QRZ Page

Condx were good on 17m and 20m last nite to VE7 and W7... it was just a pity i had to go out [​IMG]

BTW Kyle...Congratulations on HF...maybe we could get a QSO (propagation permitting!) even on CW!

73 Jonathan

7. OH2GRA

OH2GRA Ham Member QRZ Page

Just wait till we get to you! There's millions of us here in the European Union. [​IMG] OH2GRA

8. VE6WTF

lol yeah!!!
    Would be nice to get a few QSL cards up...
    to add to the truck load of station I already have

9. W8LBO

W8LBO Ham Member QRZ Page

LOL, yeah, QSL cards really complete the shack look. Maybe a Ragchew award on the wall too. [​IMG]

10. VE6WTF

sure do

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.