Repeater gone HF in!

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by VE6WTF, Jan 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. W8LBO

W8LBO Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah, it's kinda weird having to tune up whenever you change frequency, but it's not bad once you get used to it.

2. VA7AAX

VA7AAX Ham Member QRZ Page

i would like to get a tube rig instead of the new rigs containing all memory input , DSP, audio preamps ......... and the list goes on . a good boat anchor might be the Collins or Drake, but i could probably get a 1S4 tube and build myself a receiver calling it "boatanchor"!

3. VE6WTF

VE6WTF Ham Member QRZ Page

4. Guest

Guest Guest

nice rig

5. VE6WTF

TY, Looks nice in the shack eh???
    God it even motivated me to actually clean my shack!!!
    I have room to breath...and walk!!

6. VA7AAX

VA7AAX Ham Member QRZ Page

shacks are supposed to be messy .i cant stand a clean shack. my shack has stuff placed around all the floor [​IMG] !!

7. Guest

Guest Guest

It looks awesome man.
    I will be moving my hamshack and getting some HF/VHF/UHF antennas up and getting my computer configured so when all of its done I'll post a picture of my shack.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Man what am I doing!!!!

You got an HF rig now lets make a contact.

Can you be on 14.346 at about 2200 UTC?

9. VE6WTF

Today,???
    Yeah sure I could try, But I am QRP and my dipole is wrapped around my room...
    So I dont know how well that will work.
    Its 9:00 here and europe is rolling in pretty good..
    Bands are great. I followed everyone down from 160 since 5:30.. Even some on 30m

Yeah we could do that if you meant today

10. NE6AO

NE6AO Ham Member QRZ Page

how can you say the htx202 is an anchor?It was my first ham radio then a wk later when passed code got a swan 350 for a 100 bucks and still have both rigs today.The 10 meter band on the swan had been tweeked for cb freq when I tried to readjust the if and rf coils they started to crack,the coil dope had glued the coils too good.I havent touched it in 8 yrs .I keep threatening to fix it one day,I even have a spare set of tubes for the final.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.