Relisting, why?

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by KJ4VTH, Jul 10, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Yes - but just adding a "reply" to your own ad also bumps it up.

That's the preferred way to add new content to an add that's less than the 7 days - just hit "reply" and add new content (lower price, more description, etc.) and you get a "bump" as a bonus. At least for a while - as new ads then come in or other "bumps" the ad will move lower naturally

Dave
    W7UUU

2. NZ4X

NZ4X XML Subscriber QRZ Page

So if I as the seller add a reply to my ad from 6 days ago that ad will be bumped up to the top? Good to know! I wasn't aware of this.

3. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Yes! I've heard it doesn't always works for the browser view some folks have but not aware of any reason why that might be. Probably a chronological setting in some browsers pushing dates back. not sure. That's not what I see....

As a Mod, I see it done many times daily and it does a nice job.

But abusing "bump" is not allowed per the swap meet rules - like bumping an ad over and over. Best to just let it die out after 7+ days and just start over.

Good luck with your sales!!

Dave
    W7UUU

4. N1VAU

N1VAU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Me either!

It doesn't work that way for me and I'm using Firefox

5. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

I see ads sorted by last update, so in the case of a cancel and relist I see them both, often one next to the other, thus my original question.

6. K2HAT

K2HAT QRZ Volunteer Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

That is why you are seeing them. I don't use that view.