Relisting, why?

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by KJ4VTH, Jul 10, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

What is the point of canceling an ad and immediately relisting the same item?

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
  2. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Does it bump back to the top as a new ad when you do that?

ND6M likes this.
  3. KJ4VTH

Could be. I look at "New Posts" which captures both the old and new threads. Maybe sellers don't realize that and think there's some extra value of having their posts up front.

4. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes. It also allows sellers to have a "fresh" ad wherein they've fixed (hopefully) the problems in the first ad that caused the item to remain unsold.

5. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Relisting however cannot happen more frequently than every 7 days.

Any item relisted in a shorter time will simply be deleted. Also, adding the word "relisted" to the title will get the title edited.

Sometimes folks just relist to change the wording or photos - but again, if less than 7 days, it will just get deleted

Dave
    W7UUU

6. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

You will have to ask the people who are doing it, why they are doing this exactly.

We don't have any idea.

When you find out, let us know. That would be helpful information. :)

7. N1VAU

N1VAU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

OCD
    OCD
    OCD
    OCD

W5PFG likes this.
  8. KJ4VTH

Well no sellers have let us in on their secret reason yet.

9. KJ4VTH

One fellow responded saying it was to get the item on the Swapmeet Hot List. Makes sense I guess. Rarely look at that since just a few items are visible and it changes quickly no item is there for long. OK for some who like the photos but many aren't so clear. Anyway that's his reason.

10. NZ4X

NZ4X XML Subscriber QRZ Page

If it doesn't sell after 7 days I will repost or relist the item. Whatever you want to call it. As @AJ4GQ says it will be a fresh ad with new eyes looking at it. Gives me a chance to adjust the price or ad new pictures etc.