ad: MyersEng-1

Reliable V/UHF repeaters directory

Discussion in 'On the Road' started by IZ2LSC, Jun 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. IZ2LSC

IZ2LSC Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi,
    I will be traveling across California, Nevada, Utah and Arizona. I will bring with me my handhelds v/uhf radio.
    Where I can find a reliable and up to date repeaters directory (free) ?

Thanks and 73

Andrea
    iz2lsc

2. AI7PM

AI7PM Ham Member QRZ Page

I recommend, and use, Repeaterbook.com.

3. KC9UDX

KC9UDX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I agree. Repeaterbook.com is better than anything else out there currently. They have an excellent mobile app as well, though you may have to pay a nominal fee for that, I can't remember.

4. IZ2LSC

IZ2LSC Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks, the app seems to be free and works great!

Andrea, iz2lsc

5. N5TWB

N5TWB Ham Member QRZ Page

I've checked out repeaterbook.com and like it. As a secondary check, assuming there's time, I try to find the area frequency coordinator website to check out any listings they have since that's likely to be the most up-to-date. Here in OK, it's updated quarterly.

6. AC2GD

AC2GD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

RFinder by W2CYK is an amazing app which works off the gps in your smartphone....not free but worth it!

7. KM4AMJ

KM4AMJ Ham Member QRZ Page

If you have an iPhone, there is an app from repeaterbook.com. I think it was $4.99. It works great, and automatically loads in all the repeaters within your grid square. Dead simple, and great for travel. You can also just type in a location and get the repeaters if you are trying to plan a trip.

8. N3DCP

N3DCP Ham Member QRZ Page

Repeaterbook on Android and iPhone both free uses GPS to find repeaters. RFinder is another good app cost 10$ a year Android version is better then iPhone's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.