ad: DukeCity-1

RED FLAG K2KXK 7300 for sale

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by KM4OP, Jun 27, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. KM4OP

KM4OP Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I am a little short of time, but please see my reply post on K2KXK 7300 for sale.

My apologies if I am wrong about this but just a red flag to me till Ken gets back to me via phone or somebody that knows him can tell me different
    This might be the wrong forum to post this but I’m short a time and need to get away from computer.

73 Phil KM4OP

2. KN7S

KN7S Swapmeet Moderator Emeritus Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Phil,
    Not seeing a post by you regarding a 7300?

3. KM4OP

Well looks like my post on K2KXK 7300 FOR SALE GOT DELETED or did not post. I had interest in buying the 7300. had a few emails with Ken we came to closing g the deal. I asked for his papal was just about to send funds, I went and checked his email address on qrz lookup and noticed his call @ Hotmail. the PayPal address he gave me ##### @ gmail. his emails back to my are all gmail address. red flag for me. I know PayPal does not have to be the same, still red flag for me. I just received another email via the gmail address stating he has not heard from me about payment. I did send email two both. ???

4. KN7S

KN7S Swapmeet Moderator Emeritus Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Phil,
    Many people on QRZ have two email addresses. A public one which everyone sees and tnd a QRZ registered e-mail which only Admins see. His registered address is a gmail.com account.

N3AB likes this.
  5. KM4OP

UPDATE : KEN K2KXK called me. we /I did some verification while on the phone including where the call was coming from. he explained the emails being not the same. He also understood my hesitation on the transaction. looks like all is good, we agreed for him to send me a PayPal invoice. good to go. Never can be to careful.

73 all Phil KM4OP

KP4SX likes this.
  6. KM4OP

Yes, I am aware of that, but it was a red flag for me, and if I could have saved myself or someone else from falling victim well worth putting it out there. my apologies to anyone that might have gotten offended. which I also expressed to Ken

73 Phil KM4OP

7. KN7S

Phil,
    No problem. It is always good to report your suspicions.

8. K7JOE

K7JOE Ham Member QRZ Page

agree! hams police ourselves and that's a way to keep the horse-trading safe. I never get offended if someone wants to verify info, talk on the phone, etc. Makes for win-win.

9. W2WDX

W2WDX Ham Member QRZ Page

Doesn't really matter. If you send funds via PayPal and do not get your items, you get a refund (as long as you do not use Friends and Family). That's why you use PayPal.

Money Order ... screwed (even USPS). CC or Debit ... kinda screwed. Check ... almost screwed. Cash ... definitely screwed. PayPal ... always good.