Recommendations for cleaning nicotine

Discussion in '"Boat Anchor" & Classic Equipment' started by VE2GCE, May 8, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. VE3CGA

VE3CGA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'd have to say that anyone who smokes should either vist someone who is on liquid oxygen treatment due smoking. Its very very sad. Had an old friend who eventually lost his wife from 2nd hand smoke.

I used to repair Devilbiss oxygen concentrators for a firm. Patients on them are not supposed to smoke not only due to the illness but also for safety reasons, these produce round 95% O2. Yet everyone of them I repaired had all 3 stages of filtering clogged with tar and the internal valve mechanisms siezed up with niccotine tar. Thats where the brake cleaner came in real handy when you couldnt get the 4way valve piston out - glued in solid with tar. Both sieves would be useless from tar contamination and the poor compressors would not only end up with bent flapper valves but broken cyclindar walls (sort of a bakelite fiber composite) from tar buildup.
    The human body doesnt have anywhere near the filtering those machines had, just amazing