ad: HamHats-1

Recharge an aerosol can?

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W5JDX, Apr 12, 2021.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. W2QAQ

W2QAQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Why complicate things and take unnecessary chances.
    Use a can opener to open the can. Dump contents into an atomizer. Spray away with human power.

N4THC and AC0GT like this.
  2. KG8HZ

KG8HZ Ham Member QRZ Page

You probably could have reused the first tire inflation rubber device by using some 220 or finer sand paper and sanding the base that you used with the safety blade cutter to cut off until you have a square surface again.

3. ZL2SCI

ZL2SCI Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes it works wo

4. ZL2SCI

ZL2SCI Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes works even better if you remove the valve on the brass threaded end , no need to trim the spray nozzle stem ...

W1YW likes this.
  5. N0PLV

N0PLV Ham Member QRZ Page

Yep... contributing to the delinquency of a dumbass; no, no, no.

6. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks to W5JDX for this helpful tip on recharging spray cans.

Chip W1YW

7. WP2ASS

WP2ASS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

That was about the most annoying post...... Ever.

8. PG1T

PG1T Ham Member QRZ Page

[.]

9. K8AI

K8AI Ham Member QRZ Page

You guys are a bunch of sissies. Those cans generally can take 200 psi minimum.

10. K3CRM

K3CRM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

We spend $1000’s on our equipment. I’ll shell out $6 for a new can of carbon tet

KR3DX likes this.
  11. K6LPM

K6LPM Ham Member QRZ Page

OK I posted something like this on the PVC air powered spud gun antenna launcher posting,
    But first I will make a few comments.
    Damn if every thanksgiving does the aerosol whip cream can always goes flat. I am thankful for that because given the Covid and just general principal, who the heck wants to dispense whip cream on their pumpkin pie after some teenage boy wrapped his lips around the nozzle to suck the N2O! (worse yet if it was ol' uncle Bubba).
    On another point, you don't have to be stupid or incompetent to run out of pressure before product with many aerosol products,,, Quite a number of various conditions can cause big pressure drop variations such as temperature, altitude and atmospheric pressure. Obviously, under such condition it much easier to run the pressure out before the contents while trying to get adequate dispensation.
    My immediate reaction is how petty cheap this type of hack is..... But what about those times when you just need that one or two last shots at two in the morning and the stores are all closed and this product is needed to complete that rush project when you cant resupply? Or,,,,,, are you really being that big of a cheapskate when you purchase a highly overpriced snake oil spray and pray product such as the Defacto Holy Grail product like De-Ox-It by Caig products? A net weight 5,8 ounce can (142grans for our international readers} sells for a common discounted street price of over $24.99 a can, I do use their "F5" formula "Fader" spray product. I dont know what they make it out of? Some sorta miracle proprietary gold oxide fluid? LoL! Hi! I cant use $6 "Carbon TET" on crackling dirty audio pots inside of professional musical sound reinforcement!
    AS AN ADDED COMPLAINT, COULD SOME ONE EXPLAIN WHAT THE HECK IS UP EITH THEIR NEW FOLDOVER PRECISION APPLICATOR SPRAY NOZZLE? THAT POS NOZZLE CAP ASSEMBLY DRIPS AND WASTES MORE SPRAY DOWN YOUR ARM THEN IT ACTUALLY GETS DELIVERED TO YOUR APPLICATION. TO ADD INSULT TO INJURY IT CONTINUES TO DRIBBLE OUT AFTER YOU QUITE DEPRESSING THE THE BUTTON. THE BUTTON ALWAYS SEEMS TO STICK AND THERE IS NO WAY TO STOP IT ON ITS OWN UNTIL IT FINALLY OVERCOMES ITS OWN FRICTION!!! iT IS A BIGTIME PET PEAVE! ITS NOT THAT I AM SO IGNORANT AS TO NOT KNOW HOW TO OPERATE..... I AM JUST TOO STUPID TO NOT STOP BUYING IT. I found myself becoming that petty cheapskate. A I now have taken a collection of about half a dozen cans and have done the very thing that the liability lawyers have told the manufacture to warn us about and not followed the warnings not to pierce the container. I pried the tops off of the cans after fully depressurizing them and used the remains splashing around in the bottom of the can to fill several application syringes with this fluid of aphrodite fix it in a can!
    Now what I mentioned on that pvc air launcher thread is that aloy of you smarties didnt actually know?
    Just what makes the repressurization of these types of things so dangerous? Why are the lawyers and professional engineers that design these types of things so afraid of good Ol' Billie Bob shade tree mechanic going to do that is risky to their package? I know everyone is going to say obviously blow themselves up using compressed air?
    I hear a large communal GEEZE or COME ON NOW PLEAZE...... If you are that stupid you dont know how to use compressed air or too dumb to regulate the max pressure or whatever......... OK smarty but why are they afraid you really at risk? Why if this can is rated at say 25PSI (sorry cant quote BAR off the top of my head for our
    international homies reading along) and saythe actual designed burst pressure might be 200 PSI whats the big deal to repressurize this pressure vessel?
    It is because it was only designed, tested and certified for single use. The single use can get away with far cheaper lessor materials. So it isdesigned to withold up to 200psi burst pressure so who cares about meterial design ? The engineers and the certifying standards people that design these things do.
    The inheirrent danger here with these single use pressure vessels is that they contract as the pressure is depleted and if you repressurize they expand again under unknown and uncontrolled conditions. The elasticity of the materials is compromised and the method employed does not account for the stretch.... This is why reusable pressure vessels require regular hydrostatic pressure testing and certification.
    Especially true is the pressurization of any vessel containing a non compressible liquid with a compressible gas that can quickly amplify how pressurized the volume of said container fills. Also heat from compression and cold from decompression can also induce stresses and micro fissures to the containment materials.
    So okay all you smarties that know enough to be dangerous types , you guys that are too smart or inquizzative enough to just head the warning labels at face value, can now more properly make a better informed judgement on what to look out for,,,,, Will this recharge be a major fail and everyone who tries this this hack going to be rereading this thru one eye? Probably not. But dont discount the risks that you yourself might be ignorant or not so obvious no matter how miniscule.

12. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Would You care to share watt U been smoking ? :D

13. K6LPM

K6LPM Ham Member QRZ Page

The whip cream cans are still in the fridge but they're all flat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.