ad: Sussex-1

Receiver Overload or is this CB all over again?

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by Guest, Nov 30, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. Guest

Guest Guest

KD5KUF writes "I pose this question to any elmers or electronics experts that truly wish to help other hams and might have an idea how to filter out a remote packet digipeater signal on 145.51 that either desenses my receive by half or more, or worse, bleeds over half to full scale on virtually every frequency in the two meter band..."

The nearby remote station runs 60 watts (with a 60db+ signal at my QTH) and has its antenna on a commercial tower 1/4 mile from my station. I am affected from the ssb portion on my old 2m all mode, right up to the high end repeater input frequencies, such as 147.87 (the full scale bleed over) on my brand new ft1500m.

The owner of the offending station is operating within his "rights" as I have been told over and over again. But is uninterested in cooperating so that I may enjoy my right to the band too. His opinion is that he hasn't caused anyone problems in seven years, that he was there first. Well I have lived there since 1966 so I say I was there first, and have no plans to move away at this time.

Moving a few kilohertz is not an option either, when the entire band is affected in widely varying degrees and peaceful coexistance seems to mean shut up and live with it. So since I've been told even by the ARRL that its my problem, unless I can round up the equipment to prove that he might be emitting out of spec signals, I will have to come up with a way to get around it without spending a small fortune, or sell my equipment and join the ranks of the nonhams again.

Any technical help will be greatly appreciated, but I don't need any static from the snide snipers who hang out on here.

73, KD5KUF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.