Re: Politics,rants and raves!!!!

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by K9STH, Jan 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K9STH

K9STH Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Every ARRL station appointment that I ever held (I was an EC in Indiana and an OVS in both Indiana and Georgia - I have the old certificates around here somewhere, but do admit that I would have to do some looking for them!) was good for only one year. They had to be renewed every year by the official who did the original appointment or his/her replacement. This was accomplished by a "sticker" with the signature of that official and the dates for which the renewal was for. These stickers were to be applied to the original certificate. If you didn't get a renewal sticker, then your appointment was no longer in effect! I do not know if the ARRL still operates in this manner. However, during the time period that you were talking about they did!

Like I said, produce the certificate or get the OOC who would have appointed you during that time period to verify that you did indeed hold the appointment as an OO. That will settle the question once and for all. However, both the present OOC and the one who was in office during the period which you claim to have held the appointment both say that you never held such an appointment.

You are "avoiding" the question. If I had made the claim that I held a particular appointment and was as "upset" as you are about the fact that your claim has been challenged, I most certainly would produce the documentation. If this were a court of law, and testimony was given against you by those persons who should "be in the know", you would have to produce proof that your claims were in fact true.

The "ball is in your court"! If you can't produce proof, then admit it. Don't go off on a tangent, trying to change the subject! That approach doesn't work here.

This is all I have to say in the matter until you produce the proof. If you do, then I will definitely make a public apology to you. If you don't, or won't, produce the proof, then will let the readers of this forum make up their own minds. That is certainly a "fair" offer.

Glen, K9STH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.