Re: How can we increase activity on 2 meters?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by K9STH, Nov 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-Geochron
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K9STH

K9STH Ham Member QRZ Page

Actually, I didn't even send in a photo! By the way, you needed a hair cut!

Seriously, that was the "hey day" of a lot of my contest activities along with a number of Richardson Wireless Klub members. I placed high in a number of DX contests including ARRL and CQ as well as taking all of North America in the Russian DX contest during the period.

Roy Albright, West Gulf Division Director of the ARRL, and several ARRL officials stopped by my "shack" during that period when they were in the Dallas area. Also, A. Prose Walker spent several hours at my QTH trying to defend his "amateurs should be more professional than professionals" opinion to the executive committee of the RWK. He never got his "point" across, but, since he was "Mr. FCC", our opinions didn't matter! Prose had worked for Collins Radio in years past and the corporate HQ had been moved to Richardson, Texas, in about 1965 and there were quite a number of amateurs in the city who had worked with him at Collins.

If I remember correctly, I didn't put in that much time. Used my Heath SB-110A on 6 meters and a Collins 75S-1 / 32S-1 into a Hallicrafters HA-2 transverter for 2 meters. Don't remember if I worked any 432 MHz or not. If so, it would have been a VXO into a Heath Seneca into a varactor tripler into a 4CX250B with a home-brew converter into my 75S3A. Still have all of the equipment!

Anyway, I look over the older issues of magazines from time-to-time and never cease to be amazed at what I discover.

Glen, K9STH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.