ad: M2Ant-1

Raytheon - FlexRadio Team to Develop Airborne High Frequency Radio

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by WQ2H, Sep 3, 2019.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WQ2H

WQ2H QRZ Lifetime Member #214 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

N2AMM, KM1H, NL7W and 1 other person like this.
  2. WQ2H

WQ2H QRZ Lifetime Member #214 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Forgot the photo !

Untitled.jpg

3. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Congratulations Flex-Radio!!!!

N2AMM, KM1H and NL7W like this.
  4. KN4DQE

KN4DQE Ham Member QRZ Page

Wow that's huge!!

WQ2H likes this.
  5. WA4ILH

WA4ILH Subscriber QRZ Page

I used to drink with the Raytheon Tech Reps back in the very early 70s. At least one Tech Rep would follow the fleet from port to port in the Med. If there was a serious casualty to one of our weapons systems, they would sleep on board. They slept and ate in Officer's Country but they drank with the enlisted Fire Control Techs.
    Tom WA4ILH

6. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

7. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

A decade earlier it was the Philco Tech Reps that helped with our early all SS crypto gear, lots of birthing pains but a free Med trip was a bonus, they bunked with the chiefs. Several had their families with them.

We also had Collins reps working out early URC-32 and remote antenna tuner bugs.

In the mid 80's when I was leading a computer system/network engineering team on the Carl Vinson during her shake down cruise I chose to stay with the chiefs, lots more enjoyable than junior ossifers:p:D

Carl

8. W3ATV

W3ATV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

9. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Not sure exactly what to think of that. Some people here ought to be just creamy hearing this news.

10. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

Already posted in the News section

W7UUU likes this.
  11. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Threads merged

12. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

It looks like they discovered HF!!

WQ2H likes this.
  13. SM0AOM

SM0AOM Ham Member QRZ Page

It is about time for the USAF to obtain a "second-source"
    for SDR-based airborne HF, now when the Thales SALAMANDER wide-band HF architecture is becoming fielded at our "side of the pond".

73/
    Karl-Arne
    SM0AOM

14. WA4ILH

WA4ILH Subscriber QRZ Page

The Collins AN/URC-32 was a fine radio. I went to a three week "factory" school at Norfolk Naval Shipyard around 1973. Why they called it a factory school has always confused me because the factory was not in Virginia. They did have two or three instructors from the "factory" there. It was a good school with mostly hands on training. You had to be an E-5 or above to attend this school, Mostly ETs but, if memory serves, we had an RM Chief there as well.
    Tom WA4ILH

15. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

Once the bugs got worked out it became a mainstay for decades. I started on it as an ET3 and left Active Duty as ET5, no school, just OJT!

Never worked on one again as the Reserves had other things for me to do:rolleyes:

Carl