ad: M2Ant-1

Raspi 4 software for APRS?

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Software' started by WB0RUR, Oct 15, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. WB0RUR

WB0RUR Ham Member QRZ Page

My knowledge of Linux is VERY limited. I have the data from my weather station coming in on my network TCP/IP. My weather software is running on the same Raspberry Pi. It generates the wxnow.txt file with current conditions. I can't figure out how to select the file to transmit via Xastir. This was pretty easy to do with APRSIS32 on my old XP computer.

2. W4EAE

W4EAE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It will build on Linux or Windows.

Something like the SignaLink works, but spending ~$5 on a usb sound fob and a custom cable works just as well. I don't even use PTT. VOX works just fine.

3. W4EAE

W4EAE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I have never used Fedora. Does it use ALSA?

4. W5UAA

W5UAA Ham Member QRZ Page

Xastir will take weather data from a serial or USB port. I don't think it'll take it from a TCP/IP connection or read a text file. Sorry.

@W4EAE , yes, on one of my Fedora 32 computers, when I type "# aplay -l" it comes back with 5 HDMI sound devices and one analog device (probably the TRS connection). I don't have a high end GPU in this computer, but I remember there being about another 1/2 dozen sound devices associated with the GPU also. I haven't played around with DireWolf in a while. Maybe the latest version has been improved to deal with so many sound devices.