ad: UR5CDXcom-1

Raspberry Pi For Mobile Ops

Discussion in 'On the Road' started by K0PIR, Apr 28, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-rfparts
  1. G6NLZ

G6NLZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I just use QRZ.com as it is always on for look ups anyway. used to use eQSL and tried to get onto LoTW but outside USA far too much trouble!!!
    Sent in 2 proofs of who i am by mail, got 'key' back but had so much trouble trying to make it work gave up. at 70 lifes too short for all that nonsense Hi,
    regards Mac

2. KF5FEI

KF5FEI Ham Member QRZ Page

Got one, and it works well. I have it set up with Xastir on a Pi 3 to do APRS. I've got it connected to the data port on the back of my FT-7900. I had another TNC board for an Arduino, but it did not decode well and missed lots of packets.

3. KF5FEI

Can you not use a USB GPS to set your clock?

4. G6NLZ

Never seen such a thing advertised, will look on web thanks

5. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

I sync mine to the internet, It is always connected.

I am not sure why people have problems syncing time.

Maybe that 1/20th of a second maters ?

6. G6NLZ

No internet in the 'sticks' this is about /p ops. with RPi which will lose the time once disconnected from the web.

7. AG6QR

AG6QR Subscriber QRZ Page

It shouldn't lose time when disconnected from the web, but it will lose time when disconnected from power, since its clock has no battery backup.

If you power it continuously, just sync time occasionally when you have Internet connection, and let it run free when not connected to the net.

Or if you don't want to power it continuously, sync it manually at startup, using a GPS, phone, or radio. If your radio can't recieve a time signal, listen on the JT frequencies for the signals to all start at the top of the minute.

8. W9FTV

W9FTV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

9. G6NLZ

10. KF5FEI

G6NLZ likes this.