Raspberry pi deal super cheap..

Discussion in 'RFinderPi - Open Source radio interface based on R' started by KJ6OJL, Mar 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KJ6OJL

KJ6OJL Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello all.
    So much talk of the Raspberry Pi I ordered one tonight. Seems they will and are coming up with many ham radio related stuff.. Wanted to share with fellow qrz members.

Super cheap deal at 25!!

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/11546

Grab while the getting is good..

2. KC2UGV

KC2UGV Ham Member QRZ Page

That's the model B, and not even the B+. I mean, not a bad deal, but just to keep in mind.

3. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

4. KJ6OJL

New technology to me. I've heard and watched some about em on Hamnation and Amateur logic. Newer model looks good too. And because of the sale they seemed to blow out pretty quick. I put a hold on my order to add a pins sheild. Which the sold out. Lol hope I even get my Pi as of now. If anything ultra portable web computer.
    I like the way the DIY and development stuff is coming down in price and were seeing a lot of talented people putting out a lot of how to info.

I need to really get back to where I used to be electronics wise, used to do all the way down to surface mount soldering, modify circuits, remember all icons on schematics. Out of practice out of memory DOHT!

5. N4AAB

N4AAB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

6. KJ6OJL

Well sparkfun has earned my respect. With my order being put on hold to add one shield which sold out before processing. Rest of order was pulled and ready to ship. Unlike other companies I've tried to buy from before which sold out yet said I had item in the cart. Spark fun really seems on top of their inventory...

Can't wait for package to get here.

7. KJ6OJL

Unit came in today already.. Much respect for sparkfun.
    Anyhow now the deal is closed. I have a thread going about making this a dv dongle or the end goal of it.
    Closing this one hope at least someone scored one if they wanted from this post
    KJ6OJL

Or maybe can't close. Well ill leave it on the vine for closing by time

8. KD4MOJ

KD4MOJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

MCMElectronics has them in stock... got several. The new ver2 smokes the B+.

...DOUG
    KD4MOJ

9. KJ6OJL

From what I see so far to make this a dvap or dongle looks like parts alone can cost as much as buying a premade dongle hurmm....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.